Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nico's Keeper

Josh's biggest fan in the smallest body

162 posts in this topic

Greetings All!!

I have good news....and I have multi-tiered bad news.

We'll start with the good news. I finally got a video of Nico!

And with that, we come to the bad news.

First off; Nico looks terrible. I think the loss of Santo has been a hard adjustment for him. He is pretty well plucked again.

Secondly; The video was taken by means of a mirror, so it isn't great quality.

Finally; the video is short. I mean short. Not quite a minute long. Oh well! A video is a video!

I had hoped to start the year right and took the video on New Years Day. Alas, my computer saved it in some off-the-wall weird format. I finally had a chance to take it in to a computer whiz pal today, and he made it right.

So...with no more ado at all. Here is Nico.

[/url]">http://th_Nicosfirstvideo.jpg

I couldn't get the video to work. Sorry that Nico is having a hard time adjusting to the loss of Santos.

It worked for me -- just clicked on the picture, and it started up (but I am on a fast connection here).

Nico did look like he was enjoying the music though.

Poor Nico! I've been neglectful yet again.

Nico is well....sort of. He looks pretty poor right now. He has suffered a huge lack of Josh lately.

With my working 7 days a week, he's not getting adequate Josh concert viewing, so he has plucked himself to show me just how unhappy he is with me.

And to add to his horror, I've been working on designing a new workout program, and that means listening to a LOT of upbeat music...the variety of which is not pleasing to our dear little Josh fan. Having made him listen to that all day, I decided it's high time he get to watch a concert. So here we are, him happy and singing...me trying to work out to Josh. An interesting conundrum to say the least (any percussionists out there? I'm thinking a custom soundtrack may be the way to go...).

I was just beginning to break a sweat when I came upon the brick wall of knowledge and recalled I haven't updated you on Nico lately. Forgive me (yet again). It seems all I do is work and sleep any more. I'm not complaining...at least I'm not bored. I love both of my jobs, the people I get to work with, and the clients and customers too....ok, minus the stalker. Still, he's just a speedbump on the road of life.

I have my health and my happiness, and I hope you all do as well!

And now, having let you in on the latest Nico news, off I go in an effort to sweat.....

Thank you, Jan!

Nico is the one benefiting from today. I bought him a tv. I hope he realizes how spoiled he is!

Spring is fun....he's strutting his handsome stuff all over the place. What a show off!

And so it is; after many months away, Nico and I emerge from our seculsion. The padded room from which we emerge allows us to feather-up, and announce our friendship. We are now on much better terms with each other, and enjoy spending our evenings sitting together on the couch (he on his perch beside me).

He is still, and I expect always will be, Josh's biggest fan in the littlest body. Whenever I do find on Nico's bad side, it's usually because his music has changed to something non-Josh.

And although this post is short, Nico and I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you and Nico and all your household. Good to see you haven't abandoned your reports to us completely and that you are doing well.  Maybe one of these days you'll report that Nico has expanded the acceptable repertoire to other musicians besides Josh.

Well if THAT isn't embarassing! It's been so darn long since I've been on here, I couldn't get my login to work!

I think I had a mild heart attack when I discovered I'd gotten on just now!

But here I am finally, Nico is in his room, happily alternating between tossing chunks of fruit around, sticking his face into his pellets and shoving them out of the bowl for fun (I'm guessing), and picking through the nuts and seeds mix in search of the best.

Thank you for the birthday wishes Jan and Patricia!

Nico has become much more vocal, in the past several months. His songwriting skills have been put to much more frequent use, as has his gaming adventures. Peek-a-boo, and the old Simon game (remember that?) have nothing on Nico. I recently had some electrical work done, and one of the men informed me that one of Nico's water noises is from a video game.

I met a guy last year..... he likes to tell me Nico is leaking again when Nico gets going with another of his bubbling water sounds.

Unfortunately for Nico, I now commute 75 minutes to work, and start at 6 am. So I have to wake up at 3:30 in order to get all the animals tended, myself ready, and the commute completed in time. Maybe that's more unfortunate for me.....anyway, he and I don't get to hang out as much, and that makes him less happy than usual.

As often as we can, we like to hang out on the couch together, watching bird or banjo videos on the computer (I'd prefer to read a book or work on my story, but he gets grumpy and will go after the book or computer).

That's about it. We're better buddies now, and I think we're continuing to grow a stronger, happier relationship every day.

We're 9 days to homeless, so we'll get a chance to live in much closer proximity when we're all stuffed into the car.

Life has not been easy, but I still have my anibabies, and we are happy. I also finally found my dream position, and abslutely love the people I work with, co-workers, clients et al. I feel unbelievably blessed (with the housing exception) to be so darn happy with my career/employment and (animal) family.....oh... now Nico's wanting to play peek-a-boo. I haven't replied yet, so I got a sweet, "I love you", and then more (and much louder) peek-a-boos. ... Now I'm getting the loud "HEY", and "are you ready?". I guess I should go play. I'm too tired duuring the week, and it IS the weekend! What are weekends for if not for fun??

Music is Nico's bliss (he's now singing....and now he's back to peek-a-boo.....); and my little critter family is mine. Or at least part of it. My work is also my bliss. For now, I shall go revel in the bliss of my anikids.

Until next time!