Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

epalist

Josh Spoofed on Saturday Night Live

40 posts in this topic

How dare they make fun of our Josh shame on them.

Inthink they were making fun of the We Are The World remake not Josh. I thought it was funny.

How dare they make fun of our Josh shame on them.

It was a joke. I thought it was funny, some of the impressions were spot on. I bet Josh had a good laugh about it. He loves SNL!

The actor cannot hold a candle to Josh and is not as cute,

I know it was all in fun I just don't want no one to hurt Josh's feelings because if they do

they will have me (us) to deal with them

I thought it was hilarious. I think they were making fun of celebrities in general. I loved the Gwen Stefani impersonation. Andy Samberg did an awesome Josh...hehe smells like weed hehe.

Jennifer Lopez was playing Rhinna by the way, I can't stop watching this.. Love it!"We are the World 3. Raising awareness of the We Are the World 2 tragedy."LOL.

The actor cannot hold a candle to Josh and is not as cute,

I know it was all in fun I just don't want no one to hurt Josh's feelings because if they do

they will have me (us) to deal with them

Aw hon. I'm sure it didn't hurt Josh. He has a good sense of humor.

I thought it was hilarious. Still can't figure out the blanket, though. Was it suppose to mean something??

I didn't realize that Rihanna was JLo. She was terrific!

I thought it was funny too, but at the same time, I wasn't really happy about them 'teasing' Josh. I know they didn't mean it that way, but.............

I had to repost this on my LG page, and I just noticed watching it again that fake Josh was wearing a blanket, why? LOL.

I thought it was hilarious. I think they were making fun of celebrities in general. I loved the Gwen Stefani impersonation. Andy Samberg did an awesome Josh...hehe smells like weed hehe.

True, it was hilarious. And J-Lo doing Riri was fun too, specially when she did the umbrella part.

I never watch SNL, but I happened to have it on as background last night when that vid came on. I thought it was great!! I missed it on Youtube - that other link didn't work for me. They don't stream to my location. So what else is new??

Elizabeth, I was wondering about the blanket too. Anyone have any clue why he had it on???

Eb, that's annoying. I hate the "this is not available in your country". We're in Canada, does it really matter? <_<

Eb, that's annoying. I hate the "this is not available in your country". We're in Canada, does it really matter? <_<

I think is a trend, I can't watch anything, on NBC, FOX and MSNBC, because of that :(

I think it's fun and Jennifer Lopez is hilarious.

Anyway I liked the We are the world "2", after all it was "well intentioned" and "come on I think I saw Vince Vaughn and that’s Jeff Bridges" and there was also Josh Groban! LOL

Found another video on youtube for people (like me) who can't see it on NBC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH8moPdOuIA

I thought this was absolutely hilarious and I'm pretty sure Josh is getting a kick out of it as well. I only wish Andy Samberg had thought to wear a curly wig! :lol:

LMAO ... I don't get why "Josh" is wrapped in a wool blanket... I'm missing something there. I loved J-Lo doing Rhianna ... ella, ella, ella.

Several years ago "fans" were always picking on Josh for always wearing long sleeves and a jacket, and so the blanket may have been an intended reference to the mistaken notion that Josh is "always cold."

He's not "always cold." He just dresses to make HIMSELF comfortable. He repeatedly explained, also, that the studios he works/performs in "are freezing." But he doesn't owe anybody an explanation. We all dress to make ourselves comfortable, and if the tables are turned, people would quickly learn that about themselves and hush up fast!

It seemed mostly that the bandwagon-minded fans were trying to remake Josh into what they needed him to be to fit into their stereotypes, because it primarily rushed in with the younger fans (who doubled the membership on the boards shortly after Closer's release). They did everything they could to redesign Josh into the rap/rock star they thought he had to be to be popular...to them! Eventually they learned he is his own man and will do what he pleases.

Josh naturally feels the most comfortable wearing layers and jackets, and if that's what makes HIM comfortable, he doesn't owe anybody else an explanation...unless they are ready to relentlessly reconsider their own choices to placate him! <_<

Or maybe they (SNL) came to the boards, as guests, to glean info from fan postings in order to characterize Josh in a way that his fans would recognize. And there are always a lot of fans who post about that gray sweater he wears, calling it his 'grandpa' sweater. Too bad they didn't pick up on the 'swoon' factor he holds for most! :D