Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Libby

Hayley Westenra

203 posts in this topic

Hayley performed The Prayer with a contestant during the finals of the singing show in China, called The Singer 2017. He's a singer from Taiwan, named Terry Lin:

Not much in the way of news lately, though there have been new studio shots, so she's... still... working on her next album, but no word on when it will be out. But I do know that one reason it's taken so long is that she's struggled with some personal issues in the past couple of years, and that she is without a music manager. Also, it is rumored that she may no longer be with her original record company, Decca. Her name is not listed on the website as one of their artists anymore. This might mean she is trying to pursue her career independently, as many other UK classical-type artists have done lately.

In the meantime, here's a video of one song she's performed in her concerts in the last few years, which I hope she will record. She sounds great in this song (despite a few off notes near the beginning), and this style, really. I would not mind if she sang more of this style. Her voice has kind of developed away from her classical style, but is still very pure and beautiful. Close to You, by Karen Carpenter:

Hayley had a photo shoot in Milan, Italy the other day! She worked with the same ladies who worked on her Paradiso shoot! :)