Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Space Cadet Mary

Figure Skating Fans

1,396 posts in this topic

Hey all!! I noticed no one has posted on Yuku for awhile and I assume everyone has made the move over here. I figured it would be best for me to start a new thread here instead of posting all of my reviews on the other board. If you know of someone who hasn't made the move yet, please let me know so I can post my reviews over there if I need to. I had a very busy weekend and wasn't able to get much of SA watched but I will try my best to get it all up by SC this weekend!!

Sorry everyone for being so tardy in my review of Skate Canada. I've been so busy getting ready for a play at Church and other Christmas activites. Now, that most of its over for now, I finally made time to get everything up for you. Again, if you know someone that hasn't made the switch over here, please let me know and I will post them in the other board as well. For right now, here is the Pairs and Ice Dance reveiws from SC.

Original Dance

Chong/Gfeller skated to a French Musette. The twizzles need some work and the rotational lift was good. They have nice speed across the ice. It’s too bad most of the PCS scores were in the four’s. They scored 40.39 and placed 8th.

The Hermann’s skated to Folk Music from the Alps. The opening curve lift is fun but the yodeling is so annoying and the whole program is crazy. Their second set of twizzles were out of synch. Their score was 42.70 and placed 7th.

The Hubbell’s skated to a Ukrainian Folk Dance. He lost balance in the twizzles but the straightline lift was nice and the rotational lift was pretty. They received a SB of 44.49 and placed 6th.

Bobrova/Soloviev skated to a Russian Folk Dance. She fell during the second set of twizzles and their twizzles were way off. They also received a deduction for an extended lift. Their score was 45.92 and placed 5th.

Emily and Evan skated to a Country Dance. I’m so glad she changed her outfit, her other one was way too revealing. The straightline lift was good as were their twizzles. Their rotational lift is lots of fun. They received a SB of 51.49 and placed 3rd.

Weaver/Poje skated to a Spanish Flamenco. They started with a straightline lift, followed by fast twizzles. The rotational lift to end was pretty. They also received a new SB of 51.18 and placed 4th.

Pechalat/Bourzat skated to a Country Dance. I don’t enjoy this program as much as I enjoy Emily and Evan’s. But, they do have more difficulty. The curve lift was interesting and the twizzles were good. They scored 56.05 and placed 2nd.

Virtue/Moir skated to a Spanish Flamenco. Their only mistake was her slipping during the first step sequence. The twizzles were excellent and the curve lift was good. They scored 60.57 and placed 1st.

Free Dance

Chong/Gfeller skated to Once Upon a Time in the West. They were a little shaky on the opening lift and she had to put her foot down in the first set of twizzles. The curve-rotational lift was nice as was the rotational lift. Fairly good program, I just found the music boring. Their score was 64.04 for a total of 128.70 and finished 8th.

The Hermann’s skated to The Mask. They still need some work on their twizzles. The straightline-rotational lift was neat. The intro into the pairs spin is interesting. The curve lift was difficult and the ending rotational lift was fun. They scored a new SB of 73.54 for a total of 141.61 and finished 7th.

The Hubbell’s skated to a Lenny Kravitz medley. They started out with a nice straightline lift and a difficult curve lift. Their other curve lift was on one foot. The hydroblading move they did was neat and the pairs spin was nice. He stumbled on the first set of twizzles. They scored 70 for a total of 141.63 and finished 6th.

Bobrova/Soloviev skated to Adagio. They performed well but I find this program boring. They did the pairs spin followed by a nice straightline lift and good twizzles. The straightline-rotation lift was cool. They ended with a rotational lift. They received a new SB on 85.67 for a total of 161.68 and finished 4th.

Emily and Evan skated to Canto Della Terra. This is a really pretty program for them. They started with a difficult curve lift where he was hydroblading and she’s in a catch foot position. The curve-rotational lift was nice as well as their twizzles. Their last two straightline lifts are great. They ended with the pairs spin. They scored 77.80 for a total of 160.76 and finished 5th.

Weaver/Poje skated to Phantasia. They started with a rotational lift. Andrew needs to tone down his twizzles; they were out of control. Next was the pairs spin and curve-rotational lift. Their last element was an interesting curve lift. I thought the ending was very pretty. They received a new SB of 82.28 for a total of 165.64 and finished 3rd.

Pechalat/Bourzat skated to Kika and Requiem for a Dream. I missed part of the program because of technical difficulties on IN’s part. Not sure what happened. But, they had an interesting curve lift and good twizzles. I thought the ending was kind of weird and abrupt. Their score was also a SB of 93.47 for a total of 185.07 and finished 2nd.

Virtue/Moir skated to Symphony #3. This is a very pretty program. I love the curve-rotational lift. Then came the pairs spin and twizzles. The straightline lift is very difficult because they are not holding on to each other. They ended with a nice rotational lift. They received a new SB as well of 103.12 for a total of 204.38 and finished 1st.

I decided to put them in 2 separate posts since it is so long.

Pairs SP

Moore-Towers/Moscovitch skated to Brazil. They did a great job. Started with side by side triple toes and triple twist. Then, a throw triple Lutz and star lift. They ended with the pairs spin and side by side spins. They scored 51.14 and placed 7th.

Yankowskas/Coughlin skated to Sonata for Piano #13. They started with a nice triple twist and throw triple Salchow. Then side by side triple toes and lasso lift. She was in a weird position in the death spiral and they ended with a pairs spin. Their score of 52.42 placed them in 6th.

Ozerova/Enbert skated to Don Quixote. They started with an easy double twist and she fell on the side by side triple toes. That was followed by the death spiral and out of synch side by side spins. Then, she stepped out of the throw triple flip and they had trouble changing positions in the lasso lift. They ended with the pairs spin. They scored 40.78 and placed 8th.

Denney/Barrett skated to Firebird. They have the best triple twist of the American teams. But, she put her hand down and he turned out of the side by side triple toes. She was able to stick the landing on the throw triple loop. Then, was the death spiral and table top lift. They ended with the pairs spin. They received a new SB of 55.46 and placed 5th.

Langlois/Hay skated to Fascination. They were very close together on the side by side triple toes. That was followed by a triple twist and a close landing on the throw triple flip. Next, was the death spiral and hip lift. They ended with a pairs spin. Their score of 55.52 placed them in 4th.

Dube/Davison skated to Requiem for a Dream. I love this program for them and the choreography is great with a nice element layout. They started with a nice triple twist and difficult backwards lasso into star lift. She popped the side by side triple Salchows. Then, they performed the pairs spin, throw triple loop and death spiral. They ended with the side by side spins. They scored 57.90 and placed 3rd.

Mukhortova/Trankov skated to Appassionata. They started off well with a triple twist and side by side triple toes. But then, she put her hand down on the throw triple loop. Next, was the death spiral and side by side spins. They ended with a star lift and pairs spin. They received a score of 65.80 and placed 2nd.

Savchenko/Szolkowy skated to Send in the Clowns. This program is technically strong but I feel like it’s missing something. They started with a throw triple flip and side by side triple toes. Next was the triple twist, side by side spins and pairs spin. They ended with a death spiral and lasso lift. They received a new SB of 74.16 and placed 1st.

Pairs FS

Ozerova/Enbert skated to Dark Eyes. They had a few very costly mistakes. He started by 2-footing the side by side triple toes. That was followed by a double twist and double Axel sequence. Then, she fell on the throw triple flip. Then, they performed a hip lift and spiral sequence. She two-foot the throw triple loop. They looked to be back on track with a table top lift and death spiral but he couldn’t get her up in the lasso lift. They ended with a pairs spin. They score of 73.08 gave them a total of 113.36 and finished a distant 8th.

Moore-Towers/Moscovitch skated to Leyenda, Ronanza and Malguena. Considering they have only been together since this spring, they aren’t doing too badly. They started with a triple toe-double Axel sequence and triple twist. Then, they did a throw triple loop, lasso lift and star lift. Next, they performed the spiral sequence and throw triple Salchow. After that was the side by side spins and a great intro into the star lift. They ended with a death spiral. They scored 95.77 for a total of 146.91 and finished 6th.

Yankowskas/Coughlin skated to Pearl Harbor. They began with a triple twist and huge throw triple Salchow. Then they performed a broken leg lasso lift, side by side spins, spiral sequence and another lasso lift. But, she turned out of the throw triple loop and he stepped out of the first double Axel in the sequence and wasn’t able to complete the second one. They ended with an interesting table top lift, pairs spin and death spiral. He looked in pain at the end. It may have had something to do with the last jump. They scored 91.19 for a total of 143.61 and finished 7th.

Caydee and Jeremy skated to Sheherazade. They started with a double twist and side by side triple toes. Next was a great throw triple flip and lasso lift. After that was a double Axel sequence, side by side spins, hip lift and spiral sequence. That was followed by a throw triple loop and death spiral. They ended with a lasso lift and pairs spin. They received a new SB of 101.63 for a total of 157.09 and finished 5th.

Langlois/Hay skated to the Grand Canyon Suite. I haven’t seen them skate very much, but this is a good program for them. They started with a triple twist and side by side triple Salchows. Next was the triple toe-double toe combo and side by side spins. Then, they did the pairs spin and a backwards, table top lift. Followed by the spiral sequence and throw triple Lutz. They ended with a star lift and death spiral. They scored 104.43 for a total of 159.95 and finished 4th.

Dube/Davison skated The Way We Were. She had a lot of trouble with her jumps. They started with a beautiful triple twist but she singled the first double Axel in the sequence. Next, was the lasso lift but she stepped out of the side by side triple Salchows. After that was the side by side spins and death spiral. The only jump she didn’t have problems with was the throw triple flip. They had a nice lasso lift and spiral sequence but she put her hand down on the throw triple Salchow. They ended with a star lift and pairs spin but they fell out of it and received no points. Obviously, that hurt their chances of making it to the GPF. They scored 109.03 for a total of 166.93 and finished a far off 3rd.

Mukhortova/Trankov skated to Love Story. I thought this was a very interesting choice because their coupling seems far from being a love story. Anyway, they started with a triple twist and side by side double Axels followed by side by side triple toe-double toe. Next, was their lasso into table top lift. After the dismount, they had to stop the program because one of his bootstraps broke off his pants; that gave them an automatic 2 point deduction. But, the rest of the program was clean, so it really didn’t matter. They had to restart from where they stopped, which was a throw triple loop, spiral sequence and throw triple Salchow. The death spiral was next followed by very close side by side spins and a pairs spin. They ended with a lasso lift and star lift. Their score of 119.91 for a total of 185.71 placed them a distant 2nd.

Savchenko/Szolkowy skated to their new program of Out of Africa. This program is absolutely gorgeous and they received the first ever 10 given by a judge for Performance and Execution. They began with a triple toe sequence, throw triple flip and side by side double Axels. Next, were their spin elements, the side by side spins followed by the pairs spin. After that was the triple twist, broken leg lasso lift and a neat tabletop lift. That was followed by the death spiral, spiral sequence and star lift. They ended with a throw triple Salchow right at the end. They scored 132.55 for a SB total score of 206.71 and finished 1st.

OK, here's my review of the Men at SC.

Mens SP

Joey Russell from Canada skated to Paint it Black and Sympathy for the Devil. He started by turning out of the triple Axel. But, he came back nicely with a tripe flip-triple toe and triple toe. His footwork was very nice and he was so happy. He scored 61.82 and placed 9th.

Jeremy Ten skated to Come Together. I have no idea what happened to him but this program fell apart from the get go. He fell on the opening triple Axel, stepped out of a triple Lutz and fell on the triple flip. He has very nice spins though. His score was 45.14 and placed 12th.

Armin skated to Virtuoso. He’s getting better but he still needs some more work. I think by the 2014 Olympics, he will be a contender for the US team. He fell on the triple Axel but landed a triple flip-triple toe and a huge triple Lutz. He received a new SB of 65.30 and placed 8th.

Denis Ten skated to Sing, Sing, Sing. He did an excellent job. He landed a triple Axel, triple Lutz-triple toe and triple flip. This program is choreographed well and he has a lot of fun. He received a new SB of 75.45 and placed 3rd.

Stephen skated to Carmina Burana. I don’t know what has happened to him. He was so promising a few years ago but now he’s headed downward. He fell on the triple Axel but landed a triple Lutz-triple toe and triple loop. He traveled a bit on his sit spin. He scored 59.40 and placed 10th.

Contesti skated to Wish me Well and Whammer Jammer. He started with a triple Lutz-triple toe followed by the triple Axel but he popped the triple loop. He ended with a crazy fast sit spin. His score of 67.30 placed him in 7th.

Takahashi skated to Eye. He started with a triple flip-triple toe but he received a negative GOE because of a wrong edge take off on the flip. But, he landed a triple Axel and triple Lutz cleanly. I’ve always thought he’s had nice spins and he really shines in the footwork. He scored 76.30 and placed 2nd.

Jeremy skated to A Day in the Life. His score was 3 points below his SB but he still did a good job. He landed a triple flip-triple toe, triple Axel and triple Lutz. I love the circular footwork. He scored 79 and placed 1st.

Brezina skated to Puttin’ on the Ritz. His jumps were a triple Axel, triple Lutz and triple flip-triple toe. I really like the footwork in this program. He received a new SB of 71.92 and placed 5th.

Preaubert skated to Orange Mecanique. He is just too weird for me but he got the crowd laughing with his crazy antics. His program was technically sound, landing a triple flip-triple toe, triple Axel and triple loop. He was very happy with this performance. He received a new SB of 72.30 and placed 4th.

Chan skated to Tango de Los Exilados. This program was not like him at all as he had all sorts of problems. He fell on the opening triple Axel, landed a triple flip but only landed a double toe for the combo. But he landed the triple flip cleanly. Then, he fell out of the combo spin. He did, however, receive the highest PCS scores. His score was 68.64 and he placed 6th.

Kevin skated to Tanguera. He popped the opening triple Axel but landed a triple Lutz and triple flip-triple toe. He was not happy at all. His technical was only 29.06 which is definitely low for him. His score was 58.86 and he placed 11th.

Mens FS

Jeremy Ten skated to Queen Symphony. He stepped out of the beginning triple Axel but it looked like he got it under control by landing a triple Lutz-triple toe, triple flip and triple loop-double toe. He fell on a triple loop and triple Lutz but ended with a nice triple Salchow. His score was 103.82 for a total of 148.96 and finished 12th.

Kevin skated to Pirates of the Caribbean. I still have no word for Kevin right now. He used to remind me so much of Tim Goebel but now his technical ability is sub par. I don’t know if his heart just isn’t in competitive skating anymore or what but he used to be able to have great skates. The one positive thing I will say about this program is that he really gets into the character of the music. He put a hand down on the opening triple Axel but came back with a triple Salchow-triple toe-double toe, triple Lutz and triple flip-triple toe. But, he two-foot a triple Salchow which was followed by a shaky landing on a triple Axel before two-footing a triple loop. He was traveling a lot on the ending spin. His score of 109.68 is well below his SB. His total score was 168.54 and he finished 11th.

Stephen skated to Firebird. He only had minor mistakes but he wasn’t happy at all. He turned out of the triple Axel but managed a double toe. The rest of his jumps were clean: triple Axel, triple flip, triple Lutz triple flip-triple toe-double toe, triple loop, triple Lutz-triple toe and triple Salchow. He received a new SB of 128.91 for a total of 188.31 and finished 8th.

Russell skated to Kismet. His only major mistakes were stumbling out of the opening triple Axel and doubling a triple flip in the middle of the program. He succeeded in landing a triple flip, triple Lutz, triple flip-triple toe, triple Salchow-triple loop, triple loop and triple Salchow. He scored 106.89 for a total of 168.71 and finished 10th.

Armin skated to Piano Concerto #3. This is the best I’ve seen him skate all season. His only mistake was falling on the beginning triple Axel. The rest of his jumps were clean. He landed a triple Axel-double toe, triple flip-triple toe, triple loop, triple Lutz, triple Salchow, a fantastic triple Lutz-triple toe-double toe and double Axel. He received a new SB of 121.18 for a total of 186.48 and finished 9th.

Contesti skated to Panpipes of the Andes. He started with a huge triple Axel-triple toe, triple flip and triple Lutz. He put both of his hands down on the second triple Axel but the judges counted it as a fall. I’m not sure I agreed with that but it really didn’t make much of a difference. He landed a triple loop, yet another triple Axel and triple Salchow but had to step out of the triple toe. He ended with a double Axel-triple toe-double toe. He scored 134.95 for a total of 202.25 and finished 5th.

Chan skated to Phantom of the Opera. I hoped he had gotten over whatever was wrong during the SP. He started off well with a triple Axel-double toe, triple flip-triple toe and triple Axel. But, he fell on the next triple Axel and triple flip them popped the triple loop. It looked like he got it together by landing a triple Lutz but he fell on the ending triple Salchow. He traveled quite a bit on the ending spin and he looked very tired when it was over. I feel so bad for him and hope he trains hard and makes it to the Olys. He scored 130.13 for a total of 198.77 and finished 6th.

Brezina skated to An American in Paris. He made several costly mistakes. He started great with a giant triple Axel, triple flip and triple Salchow. But, he lost his balance in the sit spin and started traveling. Then, he put his hand down on the triple Axel and only managed a double toe and he turned out of the triple flip. He landed another triple Axel and triple Lutz but popped the triple Axel. Luckily, he was able to finish the Axel combo with a triple toe-double toe. His score of 130.40 was well below his SB. His total score was 202.32 and he finished 4th.

Preaubert skated to a Rolling Stones medley. He did very well. He spins so fast in the air it’s hard for me to count the revolutions. I’m surprised as well as he jumps, he doesn’t have any quads. He landed a triple flip-triple toe, triple Axel-triple toe, triple flip, triple Axel, triple loop, triple Lutz, triple Salchow-triple toe-double toe and triple Salchow. He scored 139.98 for a total of 212.28 and finished 3rd.

Denis Ten skated to Paso Doble and Aranujuez. This program was a complete turn-around from this SP. He turned out of the opening triple Axel-triple toe, put a hand down on the second triple Axel and fell on the triple Lutz. I missed his next jumping pass because of technical difficulties on IN. He stepped out of the triple Lutz, landed a triple loop and triple Salchow-triple toe cleanly, but stepped out on the ending triple Axel. He scored 117.88 for a total of 193.33 and finished a disappointing 7th.

Daisuke skated to La Strada. I love this program for him and the opening makes me laugh. But, it always looks like he’s going to fall when he trips on accident. He completed a triple flip, triple Axel-triple toe, triple Axel, triple flip-triple toe, triple loop, triple Lutz-triple toe-double toe, turned out on the triple Salchow and ended with a triple Lutz. He scored a new SB of 155.01 for a total of 231.31. He actually placed 1st in the FS but could not overtake Jeremy and finished 2nd.

Jeremy skated to Symphony # 3. Watching him at NHK Trophy, it really worried me about him actually being able to land a quad. But, he proved me wrong and showed that he can do it by starting his program with a beautiful quad toe. His only mistake was stepping out of a triple Axel. The rest of his jumps were clean: triple flip, triple Axel, triple Lutz, triple Lutz-triple toe-double loop, triple loop and triple Salchow-double toe. He was so excited at the end of this program. One of his main goals this season was to land a clean quad and he did, so this was a personal victory for him. This reminded me how great he can be if he can get past the jitters and nervousness and just skate. He received a new SB of 153.99 for a total of 232.99 and finished 1st.

And FINALLY, the ladies. I haven't had time to watch much of the GPF but now that the GP is over, I know I don't really have to rush but I will try as soon as I can to start on it.

Ladies SP

Lacoste skated to Otonal. She landed the double Axel and triple loop-double loop but stepped out of the triple flip. Her spiral sequence was nice, too. I really like this girl and I think she has a good future. She received a new SB of 55.10 and placed 6th.

Phaneuf skated to Nocturne. This was a much better performance than her last competition. She landed the double Axel but stepped out of the triple Lutz-double toe but cleanly landed the triple flip. She gets great extension on her spirals. She also received a new SB of 55.58 and placed 5th.

Mirai skated to Pirates of the Caribbean and Fragile Dreams. She landed her triple Lutz-double toe and double Axel but her triple flip was downgraded. She ended with a nice spin. Her score was 56.34 and placed 3rd.

Helgesson skated to Magaya. She landed her opening triple flip but fell on the triple Lutz so she wasn’t able to complete a combo. She did land the double Axel though. Her spiral sequence was nice but she traveled on the ending spin. Her score of 40.48 placed her in 11th.

Jenna skated to Totentanz. This girl is almost as frustrating as her husband. She landed the double Axel but had to put her hand down on the triple Lutz-double toe and landed the triple flip. I still wish she would get more extension on her spirals. She did receive a new SB of 47.48 and placed 9th.

Hecken skated to Romeo and Juliet. She landed the triple flip but had to put her hand down on he double toe. But she landed a triple Salchow and double Axel cleanly. She really needs to work on the extension of her spiral. Still very young and has a lot of potential. Her score was 45.50 and placed 10th.

Alissa skated to Zorro. She started with a triple Lutz-double toe and triple flip. Her spiral is beautiful as always and she ended with a great double Axel. She received a new SB of 63.52 and placed 2nd.

Suzuki skated to Andelica and Fire Dance. She started with a triple Lutz-double toe, stepped out of the triple flip, she landed the double Axel. Her spiral isn’t the best but it better compared to some. She scored 53.10 and placed 8th.

Caroline skated to Zigeuserweiser. She completed a triple flip-double toe, triple loop and double Axel. Her spiral sequence was nice but something about this program doesn’t seem to fit her. I don’t think she relates to the music she skates to. Maybe in a couple of years, she will take a more active role in picking her music. Her score of 54.58 placed her in 7th.

Lepisto skated to Imagined Oceans. Her triple flip was downgraded and she came close to falling on the double toe. Then, she landed a triple Salchow but she was traveling a lot in her spins. She ended with a double Axel and OK spiral sequence. She received a new SB of 55.74 and placed 4th.

Joannie skated to La Cumparasita. She did much better this time around and was back to her old self. She landed a triple Lutz-double toe, triple flip and double Axel. She has one of the better spiral sequences. She received a new SB of 70 and placed 1st.

Ladies FS

Helgesson skated to Symphony #5 and Somewhere in Time. She started off well with a double Axel, but she popped the following triple Lutz. Then, she landed a triple Salchow, double Axel and triple flip cleanly but fell on the second triple flip. Her spiral really needs work. She ended with a double Axel-triple toe. Her music choices were interesting but they seemed to work together. She scored 67.93, which was well below her SB. Her total score was 108.41 and she finished 11th.

Hecken skated to Croatian Rhapsody and Wonderland. It’s a nice program overall, it just needs some work. She began with a triple flip-double toe but she popped the triple loop. Then, she landed a triple Salchow and double Axel. She needs a lot more extension in her spirals. After her sequence, she two-foot the triple Salchow. She ended with a double Axel-triple toe-double toe and double Axel. Her score of 78.90 was below her SB. Her overall score was 124.40 and finished 9th.

Jenna skated to Voice of the Violin and Allegro. She landed a double Axel, fell on a triple Lutz and popped a triple flip. After her spiral sequence, she landed a double Axel-triple toe but put her hand down on the triple flip and had a close call on the triple toe. She ended with a double Axel-double toe-double loop. She was very frustrated at the end of her program and I can’t say I blame her. She scored 76.02 for a total of 123.50 and finished 10th.

Suzuki skated to West Side Story. This program was pretty shaky and I’ve seen her do much better. She started off well with a triple Lutz-double toe-double loop and double Axel-triple toe. But, she two-foot a triple Lutz, came close to falling on a triple flip, turned out of another triple Lutz. At least she ended strongly with an interesting triple loop-double Axel sequence and double Axel. Her spiral sequence was pretty. She scored 94.62 for a total of 147.72 and finished 5th.

Caroline skated to the Nutcracker. I felt so sorry for her at the end of this program. She fell on the opening triple flip, landed a triple Lutz-double toe and double Axel but fell again on a triple flip. She landed the rest of her jumps: triple loop, triple Salchow-double toe and triple loop-double toe-double loop. Her spiral was beautiful but she could use more transitions. She looked so defeated at the end of this program. Her score was 77.88 for a total score of 132.46 and finished 8th.

Lacoste skated to O Mio Babbino Caro. She also had some trouble with her jumps. She had a close call on the opening triple Salchow then turned out of the triple flip. She landed a triple Lutz and triple flip followed by her spiral sequence. Then, she fell on a triple Salchow but finished with a triple loop and double Axel. She had to rush the ending spin to stop by the end of the music. Her score was 86.03 for a total of 141.13 and finished 6th.

Phaneuf skated to Mission Cleopatra. I don’t know what happened, but this program was a disaster and she could not believe it at the end. She started with a triple flip-double Axel sequence but she fell on the Axel. Then, she fell on the triple Lutz. She managed a triple loop-double toe before falling on a triple loop and she only managed a double Salchow. Next, was her spiral sequence but then, you guessed it; she fell on a triple Lutz. She ended with a triple flip. She scored 76.90 for a total of 132.48 and finished 7th.

Lepisto skated to Adios Nonino and Fuga y Mysterio. She started with a double flip-double toe, a triple Lutz and held onto a triple loop. She turned out of a double Axel but landed a triple Salchow-double toe. Her spiral sequence was a little shaky. She ended with a double Axel and triple Salchow-double loop-double toe. She received a new SB of 102.78 and actually placed 2nd in the free skate. Her total score of 158.52 put her in 3rd overall.

Mirai skated to Carmen. Luckily, none of her jumps were downgraded which has been a huge problem with her. If she could full rotate her jumps she could be a contender at Nationals. She started with a triple Lutz-double toe-double loop, double Axel-triple toe and triple flip. Next, was her spiral sequence. She stepped out of a triple Lutz but landed her last jumps: triple loop-double loop, double Axel and triple flip. She also received a new SB of 100.49 for a total of 156.83 and finished 4th.

Alissa skated to Dr. Zhivago. I’m so glad she kept this program because it is fabulous. I do prefer her other outfit though. She had some trouble and only placed 4th in the free, but her score from the SP kept her on the podium. She started with a triple Lutz-double toe. Next, were a triple flip, triple Salchow and double Axel sequence. Unfortunately, she fell on a triple Lutz, made the triple flip but fell on the ending triple Salchow. I won’t say anything about her spiral, because you already know what I would say . Her score of 100.01 was just below her SB. Her total score was 163.53 and finished 2nd.

Joannie skated to Samson and Delilah. Her only mistake was stepping out of a triple flip. She landed the rest of her jumps cleanly: triple Lutz-double toe-double loop, triple loop, triple Lutz, triple flip-double Axel sequence, double Axel-double toe and triple Salchow. Her spiral sequence was good, too. I think this is one of the best programs of all the top Olympic contenders. She received a new SB of 112.90 for a total of 182.90 and finished 1st.

Thanks for starting the new FS thread, Mary! I had missed it. I've been trying to keep up with Johnny. As I understand it, he finished 3rd in the Tokyo finals and now qualifies for the Olympics. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey Connie, I'm glad to see you. Johnny did place 3rd at the GPF, but he hasn't qualified for the Olys yet. The qualification competition for that is US Nats next month. Based on his performances so far, I think it's a safe bet that he will be going to the Olys. I think, at this point, Evan, Johnny and Jeremy are the front runners for the Olympic team. That's my dream team anyway!! :D

I believe Johnny will make olympics.

Has anyone heard about Plushenko hurting his knee? I heard it on some other board. I will go back and see if i can find more information on that one.

Hi Lea. I heard about Plushy. I can't say it really surprises me though. He's attempting quad-quad combos and a triple Axel-quad combo and that's damaging his knee. It really surprises me a smart skater like him would do something so stupid. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good to push yourself. But, the first time he retired, he did so because his knees where giving out. You think he would have learned and just do what he knows he capable of. One, thing I will say, the Olys are sure to be interesting. Basically, every male skater except for Oda and the American guys, have been injured at some point.

Stephane also isn't doing that great. Sure, he won Swiss Nats for the 9th time but his groin injury has flared up again and he hasn't been able to do quads or triple Axels. I love Stephane and would like nothing more than for him to succeed but the last thing I want to happen is for ANYONE to risk their career because they've been pushing themselves too hard. I would rather watch exhibitions on Youtube than see anyone have to quit skating all together.

I don't quite understand why this thread is in General instead of Random???? I thought General was discussion related to Josh.

When are the Nationals? Specific dates?

Hi Connie. I wasn't really sure where to put this thread. The General Discussions is described as "Discuss whatever’s on your mind here. There’s everything from video games, pets, world events, and more." It never says it has something to do with Josh. I guess I just figured people would be more likely to look in GD instead of Random. There really was no method to my madness :lol:

I don't quite understand why this thread is in General instead of Random???? I thought General was discussion related to Josh.

When are the Nationals? Specific dates?

The dates I have for Nationals is Jan.14-Jan.24

Hi Lea. I heard about Plushy. I can't say it really surprises me though. He's attempting quad-quad combos and a triple Axel-quad combo and that's damaging his knee. It really surprises me a smart skater like him would do something so stupid. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good to push yourself. But, the first time he retired, he did so because his knees where giving out. You think he would have learned and just do what he knows he capable of. One, thing I will say, the Olys are sure to be interesting. Basically, every male skater except for Oda and the American guys, have been injured at some point.

Stephane also isn't doing that great. Sure, he won Swiss Nats for the 9th time but his groin injury has flared up again and he hasn't been able to do quads or triple Axels. I love Stephane and would like nothing more than for him to succeed but the last thing I want to happen is for ANYONE to risk their career because they've been pushing themselves too hard. I would rather watch exhibitions on Youtube than see anyone have to quit skating all together.

What do you think of olympics? With these injuries? Do you think Johnny Weir has a chance to get a medal? It would mean a lot to him imo.

Thanks for posting the dates Lea, I completely forgot. I think with all these injuries, the Olys for the men is wide open. But, that's what makes it so exciting and I can't wait to watch! I think winning an Olympic medal means a lot to everyone. It's sad that only a select few are lucky enough to collect them. I think Johnny and Evan especially would love to medal mostly because they were so disappointed with how 2006 turned out. Thankfully, we don't have to wait too much longer to see how this season is going to end!!

Thanks for posting the dates Lea, I completely forgot. I think with all these injuries, the Olys for the men is wide open. But, that's what makes it so exciting and I can't wait to watch! I think winning an Olympic medal means a lot to everyone. It's sad that only a select few are lucky enough to collect them. I think Johnny and Evan especially would love to medal mostly because they were so disappointed with how 2006 turned out. Thankfully, we don't have to wait too much longer to see how this season is going to end!!

Your welcome Mary. I am a huge Johnny Weir fan and I really would love to see him win an olympic medal. I am not so much of an Evan lysacek fan. I have some dates for nations in other countries if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Japan 12/25 - 12/27

Russia 12/23 - 12/27

Canada 1/11 - 1/17

France 12/18 - 12/20

Swiss 12/10 - 12/12

Italy 12/17 - 12/20

Finland 12/18 - 12/20

Germany 12/17 - 12/20

Hi Figure Skating Fans!

Just reading through your thread-thanks for the reviews and upcoming dates. I just love watching figure skating-I'm especially cheering for Johnny Weir! There's just something powerful about his skating that I can just feel.

Last year I even got to see him skate live to Josh's "Ave Maria"! WOW! Afterward out paths crossed and I was able to thank him for his wonderful performance-he was very sweet.

Looking forward to watching Nationals :)

Joanne

Hi Joanne and welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the reviews. I'm lucky enough to be able to have a subscription to Ice Network and it's definitely worth it for me. There are a couple of other Johnny fans around. While, I'm not a huge fan, he has grown on me over the years. There really isn't an American skater I can think of that I don't enjoy watching. I love Jeremy Abbott and Stephanie Lambiel. It's too bad they aren't having the best of years but I'm hoping they have both trained hard. There are plenty of us here and we have our differences, but we are all glad we have a place to share one of our favorite things :D

Lea, thanks for the U.S. Nationals dates. Anyone know where they will likely be televised? NBC Sports, maybe? I absolutely love to watch Johnny. I think he does better when not under the stress of competition, but because I know he would love to medal at the Olympics, I'm pulling for him to do so.

Lea, thanks for the U.S. Nationals dates. Anyone know where they will likely be televised? NBC Sports, maybe? I absolutely love to watch Johnny. I think he does better when not under the stress of competition, but because I know he would love to medal at the Olympics, I'm pulling for him to do so.

You welcome! I think NBC might carry nationals. I can try to find out. I love Johnny Weir too. I hope he does well at nationals and into the olympics. (i believe he is going)

Hi Joanne and welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the reviews. I'm lucky enough to be able to have a subscription to Ice Network and it's definitely worth it for me. There are a couple of other Johnny fans around. While, I'm not a huge fan, he has grown on me over the years. There really isn't an American skater I can think of that I don't enjoy watching. I love Jeremy Abbott and Stephanie Lambiel. It's too bad they aren't having the best of years but I'm hoping they have both trained hard. There are plenty of us here and we have our differences, but we are all glad we have a place to share one of our favorite things :D

We'll have to rely on you for updates. :) I don't subscribe to ice network.

I've done a little searching for TV next weekend (15th through 17th) and don't see anything listed about the Nationals. I can't believe they are not televising this! If anyone finds out that they are, please list the dates, times, and stations here! I did read that the men will be competing the first weekend. They are breaking it up into 2 weekends.

Hi - According to the TV magazine from my Sunday newspaper-NBC will televise the US Nationals on Sat. Jan. 16th at 4:30pm to 6:00pm Eastern time. Listed are Pairs Free Skate and Men's Short Program. That's all I see for now. Maybe there will be more coverage on next Sunday.

I'm looking forward to seeing several skaters - especially Johnny Weir! I wish them all safe travels and great skates!

Joanne

Hello everyone!

Hi Joanne! Nice to see you here. I love to watch figure skating too!

Thanks for the reviews and dates. You think maybe they will show the Nationals on ESPN? Is the only channel we sometimes get skating here in Peru. Before we used to get NBC and ABC but we don't get tohose channels anymore. My favorite is Plushenko, like Lambiel an J. Weir too.

I'm looking forward to the Olympics, this year will be the first time we will get the whole of it through ESPN :D

Patty

Hey all!! Can you believe Nats and Euros are coming in less than a week?! I'm not sure about the TV schedule but since I work third shift, I will have to do most of my watching through IN. Schedule For us in the states, if you go to this website, it gives the complete schedule up to March.

Hey all!! Can you believe Nats and Euros are coming in less than a week?! I'm not sure about the TV schedule but since I work third shift, I will have to do most of my watching through IN. Schedule For us in the states, if you go to this website, it gives the complete schedule up to March.

Thanks Mary for the schedule. I can't wait to especially see the men skate. I think we have a pretty good u.s men's team.