Rosey

The New Golden Grobanites

9,272 posts in this topic

Just in case the management can't move the threads from the old board.

I hope the lurkers will post in here. We would like to chat with you.

Rosey, thanks for the invite! Well, I am 57 years old so I think I qualify! I lurked around this thread once or twice at our former 'home site'. But I thought it would be nice to make some new friends, so here I am. I am a mom, a grandma and a teacher. My grandkids lived with me until recently so I am by myself for the first time ever. Anyway, I hope to meet lots more people here.

I'm 50 so I qualify. Just a fan of the voice... excited to hear of his impact on younger fans!! He has afantastic sense of humor! Nice to meet you!

Welcome to the GG thread.

All my kids had and have 4 legs and fur. But I love Josh's voice, and Josh the person. I have met him several times, and he is the genuine person he shows to his fans.

I live alone ( except for my dogs) I'm on disability and don't work anymore.... I love not working!

The original GG thread was started for those of us way older than Josh, but not really ready to give up a fantasy of 'mothering' him.....LOL It has morphed into a great and friendly thread.

So, just post about your day. Happy stuff, sad stuff, or scary stuff. Even boring stuff....

Some of the other posters have had trouble logging on to the site, so we have to wait til they can get back in to hear from them.

Welcome, Jenny and Alexandra! I've been a fan of Josh since first seeing him on Allie McBeal, the first episode he did. I didn't know his name then. When I saw the piece on him on 20/20, with a web site addy, I immediately joined. So I guess that was 2001 or 2002. I've been a member of this thread since the beginning. My friends here have seen me through a lot, including multiple hip surgeries and liver cancer. I am again asking for healing thoughts and/or prayers, as my CT scan last week showed a spot on my liver. My hepatologist doesn't seem overly concerned, but is scheduling an MRI with Gadolinium contrast in Feb.

I am a retired medical transcriptionist. I went on SSD at 62, which has now been switched to regular SS.

I have followed Josh throughout his career and TV appearances, CDs, etc. However, I've never had the opportunity to see him in concert.

I moved to a sr. apt. complex in Aug., a week before yet another surgery, and it's very nice here although I don't know many of my neighbors. Most are in their 80s and am a young'un at 66. I had to put my 2 furry babies (cats) down in June and July, prior to moving. They had been with me for over 19 yrs. I miss them terribly, but am not yet ready for another.

I have a grown daughter and 2 granddaughters. The daughter and teenaged granddaughter live in distant counties and I haven't seen them in 3 yrs. The other granddaughter lives near me, but is busy with nursing school and work. She will graduate next month with an RN. My half-sister who lives in SC came down last weekend and we had a nice lunch at a seafood place on the water. (I'm in north FL.) She will be back for New Year's Eve weekend. I have 3 more half-sisters in OK, with whom I communicate.

Just a little info for those who are new and maybe haven't read my ongoing saga. LOL!

Again, welcome.

Hi! I'm 52 and know Josh since the beginning of his career. I love his voice and his music!

I was in the old message board too but I did not have time to read all the threads as I was working. Now I retired (and I love not working too, Rosey!!!), so I have time to be here more frequently.

I am married but did not have children. I worked for 28 years as a teacher. Music and flowers are my passions.

I think I will love this place!

Have a nice week!

Hi, Heidi, and welcome to the GGs. That is one gorgeous rose in your avatar. Are you in Europe?

I just watched the video of Josh on Ellen. Very cute! I know he enjoys doing lighthearted things like that.

We are having gorgeous weather right now!

Welcome Heidi, I seem to recognize your Rose.....it's beautiful. Did you have a different board name? I've been around since the beginning too.

Connie, I don't remember what I did to get the avatar, I just played with the settings or my profile ( I think) Somehow I ended up with an avatar.

We had great weather here too.....and it's to continue for a couple of days. I do hope I get to sit out on the deck for a few hours.

Hi, friends!

I wish you a very nice week!

Rosey, I was "HM" on the previous message board. I have to change the name because I couldn't sign in with "HM" (I don't know why)so I put my real name. I also used my real name on the "ezboard message board" before the "yuku". But I am using the same avatar, that is why you recognized the blue rose.

Connie, probably the image you chose for the avatar is too heavy. I have to reduce the size of mine in order to be accepted. Try again with a lighter image.

Oh, I am in Brazil!

Hugs!

Thanks for the hint, Heidi! That probably is the reason it doesn't show up. Now that I think of it, I believe I remember your rose, also. How's the weather in Brazil?

Rosey, if you were down here you'd be so brown...sitting out all the time in the sun! They have several nice spots in the back of the complex with lounge chairs, tables, etc., for sitting out...but I never see anyone out there. I'm so fair, I'd have to slather myself with sunscreen, so I don't bother. It does cut down on wrinkles, staying out of the sun. ;)

Connie, I don't sit out for too long at a time. I average 20-30 minutes a day. I have to get up and move to the shade ( in the summer) and in the house in the winter/fall.

Later in the year I stay out longer, but the sun is weaker.

I had a great day today, I met up with some old friends, and we went to lunch and talked and talked and talked. I do hope we can do this again soon. Maybe a sleepover next time.

Hi everyone. I think I belong here too.I am too ancient to be doing all these silly things,but its so much fun.You need never be lonely on here.

I love and admire Josh.He has the voice for me and is such a great person .I first heard him sing YRMU years ago and just loved his voice.I kn ow more about him now,thanks to these boards and found out he is more than just a voice.

I was a lurker for a long time before I joined in with you all and it has been great.Thanks. :)

Hi, ISY, and welcome! We are all big Josh fans here. I also like Clay Aiken (though not so much anymore) and Adam Lambert, but I don't plan to buy his album--too electronica, etc., for me.

I guess Brenda is still having problems getting in. I hope Pammie and our other long-time posters will get here soon!

Rosey, since we're close to the equator, the sun is strong here even in winter. We are really having fabulous weather this week, which is a rarity. It's usually too hot or too cold.

I managed to get my labs and MRI moved up to Dec. 11th. I'd rather know what I'm dealing with than wonder for 3 months.

Everyone have a great day!

Welcome ISY, nice to meet you. We are a nice group of Grobies in here. No meanness or cattyness or nastiness. I love Josh too( good thing too)but I'm not into a lot of the gushing and sillieness of the younger people. Been there done that.......

I go hope you will post often, tell us about yourself, your days etc.

Connie, glad you could move your testing up. I was in the sun for 45 minutes today, but it was a little coudy. Then I had to go to the dentist and get a tooth repaired.

I wonder where Brenda is...........I do hope she gets in here soon. I miss her.

Goodmorning everyone......Thanks for the welcome.We are into our third day of heavy rain and gale force winds here,but you have to expect it when you are on the Atlantic coast.Still, dont have to go out and plenty to do so ikts OK.Hope you all enjoy the sun....... B)

Brenda has e-mailed me. She can read the posts but is unable to post herself or start a new thread. The techs aren't sure what the problem is. :(

ISY, I'm in NE FL and Rosey is in PA. Where are you?

Brenda has e-mailed me. She can read the posts but is unable to post herself or start a new thread. The techs aren't sure what the problem is. :(

ISY, I'm in NE FL and Rosey is in PA. Where are you?

I am new to the boards and I am 61. I live in Biloxi, Ms but am originally from New Orleans, LA. My husband and I moved to Biloxi about 1 1/2 years ago to be closer to at least one of our sons. We were tired of commuting almost every weekend to see our 2 granddaughters. Our other son lives in Baltimore and he also has 2 daughters. We try to go there at least once or twice a year. He married a Jersey girl when he was in the Air Force. I love Josh Groban and hope to see him in concert next year. His voice is wonderful, his personality is kind and humble, & he's gorgeous (I'm so glad he's in People magazine's sexiest issue because he definitely belongs there.) I listen to him every morning when I get up to get me going for the day. I work prn as a nurse and the first time I heard him sing was at a hospital where I worked about 2 years ago. One of the secretary's was playing YRMU and I inquired about who was singing. I was totally blown away and became a fan from that day forward. I hope to post more often and posted yesterday on the Granny Grobanites thread. I hope everyone has had a great day.

Welcome, Peggyo.....nice to meet you. I'm 61 too, and am not acting my age...LOL I refuse to be old. But when I was 30, I considered 60 as old.

Your prospective changes ......................

Isy, I was out on the deck for an hour before going to the garage today. It's supposed to rain the next 2 days here. I get cranky if the sun is gone too long.

HI BRENDA!!! *waves*

Well, as of Monday night, I'm getting company for Thanksgiving! I'm so excited!!! My sister and her SO and my brother and ex sister in law. might all be here! My sister and Ed are definate. This will be only the second time I'm having the company for the holiday. I'm always the guest.

I got the car washed and an oil change today. This has been a busy week for me. Doctor, Dentist , Garage, Cleaning lady, x-ray, Vet. whew!

Then next week I have to get to the grocery store and bring in supplies for the feast!

Hunting season ( Deer, with rifles ) starts on the Monday after Thanksgiving. So, I'll have orange wearing men walking all over the neighborhood.

I also have to keep the dog in the house all day , don't want a stray bullet finding her.

Hi...I am on the west coast of Ireland facing some of you across the Atlantic ocean.Nice to meet you all... :)

Hi...I am on the west coast of Ireland facing some of you across the Atlantic ocean.Nice to meet you all... :)

Hi Rosey,

I hope I am doing this correctly. Thanks for welcoming me to the board. I had quite a scare last night when my daughter-in-law called me and asked me to come over immediately. I changed my clothes and my husband and I went over there. I called her back on route and she told me she had called 911 and an ambulance was on the way for my 3 y.o. granddaughter because she couldn't swallow and was drooling, which she never does. This scared me to death. To make a long story short, the ambulance left and my son and daughter-in-law drove her to the hospital while we watched the 15 month old. Nadia had strep throat which I could deal with rather than all sorts of other things going through my head. I have a wild imagination. With children, you never know what's going to happen.

I was so happy when I saw that Josh had made the People magazine sexy issue. He should have been there a long time ago. The song he wrote is too cute and I wish he would sing it sometime.

Rosey, I don't act my age either. Sometimes I feel 61 but most of the time I don't. I know what mean about hunting season. It's that way down here in MS also. My husband and son are avid hunters. He's out at the camp right now sighting in his rifle and later we will go out for lunch.

Hi Isy, I have always wanted to go to Ireland. My husband's uncle and aunt went there about 10 years ago to rediscover their Irish roots. They are since deceased but I am so glad they finally got to go to Ireland. They said it was so beautiful and it was a trip of a lifetime.

Hope everyone has a great day and I hope mine ends quietly tonight.

Hi Rosey,

This is peggyo. I posted something a little while ago but I don't think it went through. I don't always act my age either. It depends on my mood. I hope I get better at posting. I went to reply. Is this correct or should I do something different so people can know who I am. I don't have a picture yet.

Hi Isy,

Nice to meet you. I have always wanted to go to Ireland. Maybe someday I will.

Talk to you all soon.

Well, Peggy....practice makes perfect. LOL.....you just have to try different things and see what works for you, and does what you want. One thing, I don't know if it was only a YUKU ( our old board site) thing or what, but make sure you are signed in before posting. I can't tell you how many long posts I lost because I forgot to check....grrrrr....

My house is nice and clean, the back bedroom is ready for guests, thanks to my cleaning lady. She is truly a treasure. She changes and washes my bed sheets, and folds them too. She'll flip my matress too,or anything else I ask her to do. She is awesome. Of course I had to find somewhere to put all the junk (not really, it's all Christmas gifts), so my room looks so cluttered. But it's all out of the way. I even cleaned off that hold everything place, my kitchen table. It looks so nice and clean and tidy. It has just a candle arragement in the middle. Maybe I'll get some leaves to further decorate it.

ISY, I'll bet that is a beautiful area you live in. I love the ocean, but prefer the mountains. And where do I live? .......in the flat lands in the country. I do love where I am though. How far are you from the beach?

Off to read some more.

Well, Peggy....practice makes perfect. LOL.....you just have to try different things and see what works for you, and does what you want. One thing, I don't know if it was only a YUKU ( our old board site) thing or what, but make sure you are signed in before posting. I can't tell you how many long posts I lost because I forgot to check....grrrrr....

My house is nice and clean, the back bedroom is ready for guests, thanks to my cleaning lady. She is truly a treasure. She changes and washes my bed sheets, and folds them too. She'll flip my matress too,or anything else I ask her to do. She is awesome. Of course I had to find somewhere to put all the junk (not really, it's all Christmas gifts), so my room looks so cluttered. But it's all out of the way. I even cleaned off that hold everything place, my kitchen table. It looks so nice and clean and tidy. It has just a candle arragement in the middle. Maybe I'll get some leaves to further decorate it.

ISY, I'll bet that is a beautiful area you live in. I love the ocean, but prefer the mountains. And where do I live? .......in the flat lands in the country. I do love where I am though. How far are you from the beach?

Off to read some more.

Hi Rosey,

I really need to clean my house badly. Maybe I'll get started tomorrow by dusting. That's always so much fun.

I went back and edited my profile and we shall see how this post goes. Wish me luck! Time for TV now. I also have to babysit for my little sweetheart tomorrow afternoon, the one with the strep throat. She's doing so much better today but still not ready for daycare tomorrow. Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll find out if I will be working M-W of next week.