Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgSarah

Official Josh, Please Read This!

83 posts in this topic

Dear Josh,

Since I first heard your music in 2001, I have felt compelled to communicate with you. Thank you for providing this forum to do so! I am going to hold fast to my belief that you do in fact read these; even though I realize you are incredibly busy! I got brave today and commented on your Brave teaser so I thought I would just keep going... You have touched my soul deeply with so many of your songs (and continue to do so with new ones!), as well as with the sheer magnificence of your voice. It is like a spiritual experience for me. It is uncanny how at times the lyrics you sing feel directed straight at me and what I am going through. I lost my true love to cancer in 2001 and came to believe that I was blessed to have that experience once in a lifetime. Listening to your music has had a healing and hopeful effect on me and I now believe that there are so many things that I just don't understand but that my life is not over. I SO wish for you that feeling of..."times I swear I feel like I can fly", if you have not already. There is nothing like it in this world. I very much admire your talent, generosity, charm, sense of humor, good looks, passion, and sense of authenticity. You are SO very giving to your fans and let them in to so much of your world. At times, I detect a sense of loneliness and I hope you can feel how LOVED you are by so many! Still, I pray for the "private" Josh to experience a "one true love", that can be by your side for a life time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the gifts you have given me and know that you will always be in my prayers. Be good to yourself and take the time and privacy that you need to be content, happy and healthy. I wish you all the best and LOVE YOU much! Hope to see you on tour! Hugs to Sweeney...

Dear Josh,

Since I first heard your music in 2001, I have felt compelled to communicate with you. Thank you for providing this forum to do so! I am going to hold fast to my belief that you do in fact read these; even though I realize you are incredibly busy! I got brave today and commented on your Brave teaser so I thought I would just keep going... You have touched my soul deeply with so many of your songs (and continue to do so with new ones!), as well as with the sheer magnificence of your voice. It is like a spiritual experience for me. It is uncanny how at times the lyrics you sing feel directed straight at me and what I am going through. I lost my true love to cancer in 2001 and came to believe that I was blessed to have that experience once in a lifetime. Listening to your music has had a healing and hopeful effect on me and I now believe that there are so many things that I just don't understand but that my life is not over. I SO wish for you that feeling of..."times I swear I feel like I can fly", if you have not already. There is nothing like it in this world. I very much admire your talent, generosity, charm, sense of humor, good looks, passion, and sense of authenticity. You are SO very giving to your fans and let them in to so much of your world. At times, I detect a sense of loneliness and I hope you can feel how LOVED you are by so many! Still, I pray for the "private" Josh to experience a "one true love", that can be by your side for a life time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the gifts you have given me and know that you will always be in my prayers. Be good to yourself and take the time and privacy that you need to be content, happy and healthy. I wish you all the best and LOVE YOU much! Hope to see you on tour! Hugs to Sweeney...

Dear Josh,

I know that you probably won't read this, what with your busy schedule an' all, however I believe it's worth it anyway. I'll try to make it 'short and sweet'  ;)

I'm 15 years old and live in England. I admit, I have not been a fan for very long. I first discovered you last year, but since then I have been hooked. Your voice is beautiful and incredible and can reduce even the toughest guys to tears. Most people my age do not agree, they prefer to listen to the traditional younger generation artists of today. However, this does not bother me. Why should it?

Your music saves lives. Literally. I don't know where I would be right now if I hadn't discovered you. You're everything to me (in the least creepiest way possible). And I know that sounds ridiculous; with you being in your 30s and me being 15, but you're music and your attitude to life really inspires me. When living in a household full of mentally disabled children and adults and being the one who looks out for the whole family, you need a place where you can go and be yourself and do the things that you enjoy doing. And for me, that is listening to your music, watching your videos, and, of course, reading your's and Sweeney's tweets.                                

Not only do you have the most beautiful voice in the world, but you have the most beautiful personality too. Now, of course, I don't know you personally, but from what I have seen in various interviews, 'webisodes', behind the scenes, extras, and just general videos/tweets from you, you seem like such a genuine and nice guy. Also, the work you do to help those in the world that need it most is inspirational. I believe society could learn a lot from you!

I was hoping to go to your concert at the O2 arena in London on June 14th, 2013, but have now realized this is very unlikely. I am, however, hoping to see one (or a few!) of your concerts later in life when I am older, as it is my lifetime aspiration to attend one of your concerts, and to (although very unlikely) meet you. I will never give up on this dream though, now matter how far-fetched it may seem to me and others. 

So, thank you for everything you have done and for being there for me even though you don't know you are. Please continue to sing and tour and to just enjoy yourself!

I'm a proud Grobanite and always will be!

I hope you are able to read this, but understand that you are an extremely busy man and so it is very unlikely.

I wish you all the best in the future. 

Say 'hi' to Sweeney for me!  :)

Louisa (England)

Together with a talented Spanish film music composer, I am the author of a musical yet to be presented to the world.

Among our songs, of which many are considered to be real jewels by the Europeans (who´ve had a chance to listen to them), is one that clearly stands out from the rest.

It is a beautiful, very touching song, that I believe, when sang by you, could reach heights never heard before! How can I get this to your hands, so you can listen and judge by yourself? I am here in the U.S. now and attending your concert in Newark, NJ, tomorrow. I will bravely bring the sample CD with me there, just in case...

..."knowledge gets us only so far, imagination takes us farther"  :) ...said the born optimist! B) 

I sent a message to your web page, too. There is my contact info... 

PS. You never know what you have, until you check it out. The most unexpected thing can come from the least expected source...

PPS. Good luck with your concert! Can´t wait!

Hi Josh,

I'd like to thank you for an awesome show here in Toronto.  I'm so glad I finally got to see you live.  I look forward to seeing you again some day.

All the best,

Patti

Hey Josh,

I've been listening to your music since the first time I heard you on tour with Sarah Brightman in Norfolk Va many many years ago. My little one (Stanzi) and I love your music!! I only have one question for you, what would it take for a non-famous classical/opera singer to get a change to sing with you?

~Erin~

www.erinhannon.com

post-29206-0-42731100-1388829293_thumb.j  ~Erin & Stanzi~

Dear Josh Groban,

I listen your songs all the time, meaningful and amazing singing!

I wish you the best in 2015, may all your dreams come true, and lots of blessing. Happy New Year!!!

Vladimir

Atlanta, GA

Dear Josh,

I've started this letter over and over again, more times than I can count, because I can't seem to find words adequate enough to express my gratitude to you:

On June 9th, 2012, my dad, my brother and I had to make the decision to take my mom off of life support after her doctor told us she couldn't fight anymore (she had a heart attack).  That day remains the worst of my life.

My some stroke of luck, fate, magic, whatever you want to call it, your song "To Where You Are" sort of fell in my lap at the most opportune time.  I don't remember how I came to hear it, but every day, I'm glad I did.

My grief at that time was so big that I didn't know how to handle it.  I spent my days in a fog; I don't remember a whole lot from that time.  All I could see in front of me was depression, grief, guilt, sadness.  The song helped heal my heart and it shone a beacon of light into the darkness that I wasn't sure would ever dissipate.

Since then, I have become a full-on fan.  I don't listen to "To Where You Are" much anymore because that song has the singular ability to make me cry no matter what kind of day I'm having.  However, other songs have become favorites: "Alejate," "Changing Colours" (though I have a hard time with that one too), "Over the Rainbow," and my very favorite, "Awake."  It's my favorite song, and my favorite album of yours (both studio and live).

In fact, a few weeks ago, I had my favorite line, "so keep me awake for every moment" tattooed on my arm.  It reminds me of my mom, but also reminds me to stay present in the moment.

When I first started listening to you, I sort of ignored the songs in Italian and in Spanish because I didn't know what they meant.  I started listening to them recently and I am SO glad I did (though I deeply regret not having given them a chance sooner).  Thanks to Google Translate and some internet sleuthing, while I can't really sing along (and trust me, you wouldn't want me to, anyway! :lol: ) I know what they mean.

The beauty of your songs - English or otherwise - astonishes me daily.  They are my lullabies at night, and I always have snippets of them in my head throughout my day.

I realize that the chances of this being seen by you are very, very minimal, and that the chances of a reply are even less likely, but the fact that this is out in the universe makes me feel better.  Your music saved my life.  The light that you shone in the darkest time of my life is something that I will be forever grateful for.

One day, my hope is to see you live, and thank you in person, but until (if) that day comes, please know how much you mean to me.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

With love,

- Gen xo

Elliot Lake, ON   Canada