Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgSarah

Official Josh, Please Read This!

83 posts in this topic

Thanks Sarah!!!! i ´m really happy to have this thread back!

ok i´ll start

Hello Josh! i´m Mar from Argentina, i´ve been in around since late 2007 and became a super true fan since. Today i want to thank you for everything you give to us, your amazing music, your exemple as a person and the love in everything you do. i´m so proud to be able to say that admire not only a great musician but an excellent human being because people like you make this world so much better. I hope you know that you touch the souls and hearts of every person who hears you and you bring hope, comfort and peace with your music to so many people. I know that Illuminations will be an amazing mind blowing record because it comes from your heart.

hugs and love

Mar

Oh, it's official! Thanks Sarah!

Josh, please read this - not that I have anything of importance to say (right now), but just because I want you to read something I have written. I guess I need mental validation - or something like that.

No, just joshing you. I'll think of something important to say sometime - for now, I'm in a crazy mood, so just read this and smile knowing there are harmless nuts out there like me. :)

Thanks for all the great music, the fun/thoughtful tweets, and bascially for being you. I hope you never change.

V.

Thank you Sarah, always so nice

Josh, amazing "Você Existe em Mim." We Brazilians feel a special affection for this music, and hear you sing in Portuguese (hard is not it?).

Now that you left us salivating, come sing this song live for us.

The people here must know your talent.

Thank you for this gift.

Kisses from Brazil.

Tati Côcotongue.gif

Congrats, the song Voce Existe Em Mim its simply outstanding, is the music yours? gorgeous and the lyrics r great. :D keep on tthe excellent work u always do, thanks 4 being different, ur songs are unique. God bless

Hi Josh!

Just know that you're such an inspiration. You're music just gets me through whatever in my life.

You're my Hero! God Bless You!!

cats/Debbie :)

Hi Josh!

My name is Susie and i'm from Virginia. Been a huge fan of yours since 2002 :) I just wanted to say that Voce Existe Em Mim is amazing! Your music always gets me through rough times, and you're such an inspiration to so many people, myself included. I admire you for staying so grounded throughout your career and just being you, so dont ever change :) oh, and i love your tweets! keep them coming lol! Can't wait to hear the rest of the album!

much love,

Susie

Josh, I love, love "Voce Existe Em Mim". Those drums are amazing. I can't wait to see you perform this song live in concert. :)

Hi, Josh, I now have something important to say. . . .

Oh, shoot, I forgot.

Be back later.

V.

Hello, Josh!

I am not going to go through the cliche speech about how much you have changed my life with your music... even though you have, more than you can imagine. I also will not mention how heavenly your voice is, except to say that you are a role model for young singers like me. Lastly, I WILL mention how funny of a person you are and from where I come from you have already reached GOOBER status, and how much it means to me, personally, that you help with keeping the arts in schools.

All and all, you are an amazing human being, and that means more than the songs, the music, everything. Because it takes a man with your huge, warm, and beautiful heart to do all that you do.

Now, enough with the blubbery sweet stuff... :P

We all know that All Hallows Eve is around the corner, and I have tweeted this to you already, but I think it may be handy if you carried one of these around....

Emergency Clown Nose

Thank you, Josh, may you have many more blessings come your way, and may God bless you, your family, and all the lives you touch!

Cat

Josh, I wrote a new poem - not for you,

but just the situation you’ve found yourself in a time or two.

Hope you like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that you’ve been hurt before,

I can see the pain in your eyes.

Someone badly bruised your heart

with their deceit and lies.

The fragile soul that lies within

hides behind a smile,

fear’s the keeper of the gate,

yet waiting all the while,

Is a timid angel that wants to fly,

Rising high above shattered dreams,

Hoping against all fragmented hope,

Love isn’t as cruel as it seems.

Tenderness is the key, my love

that will open up the door,

To free your heart to love again,

This time for so much more.

Let your soul feel my song,

I’m the one you’re waiting for,

It’s in the words, in the melody,

Love is waiting at your door.

Together we can build a world,

where two of us become one

in laughter, in hope, in togetherness,

where tears are dried by the sun.

Just walk with me, take my hand,

there’s no need to shy away,

Together we can mend your heart,

Let’s start a brand new day.

Tenderness is the key, my love

that will open up the door,

To free your heart to love again,

This time for so much more.

Let your soul feel my song,

I’m the one you’re waiting for,

It’s in the words, in the melody

Love is waiting at your door.

Hey Josh!

I've been a huge fan since 2007, when I got the chance to see you at the Norfolk Virgina concert for Awake! I wanted to meet you, but I was very much too shy, and unfortunately still am.

I find it very awkward in school, because no other teenagers, that I know of, even listen to you. I have like 280 friends on facebook, and only one of them does listen to you, apart from myself. I hate not fitting in when it comes to music, but I know I have a great taste, and so I know I'm not losing anything by being a proud Grobanite!

Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for everything you have done for me! You have been my inspiration time and time again! Looking forward to the new CD (Now for the difficult task: making enough room on my i-pod :P) Please take it easy, and may God bless you!

Anna

Hi Violet,

Your poem sounds great!

It needs a nice melody and a singer like Josh!

I like it !

Angelika

Hi Josh,

These questions are random because chopping carrots is boring and my mind wanders. ;)

I've had the chance to hear your new recordings a few times.

IMHO? This is going to be one of your greatest CD's yet!

So, do your think some day in the far future when you maybe get tired of writing (but I hope not) you could record a small CD of show tunes to show off your baritone singing? I know you don't want to "cover" any more songs - but... aren't showtunes a different kind of catergory? (Oh - that's right we haven't heard all the songs yet on this one) Keeping fingers crossed...

Also, would you ever consider recording and singing songs from the 40's - 60's. You have the voice for it, I think, now -but you will certainly have it in the years to come . I listen to an "oldies" station 104.7 and when they play some songs I can almost hear you singing it and making it your own. You and your voice would do full justice to those songs. (edited to add - they even play a few of your "old" songs ;) )

Really looking forward to hearing the full CD next week. Your heart and soul is in this one Josh, I can hear in your "voice".

Thank you Josh for sharing that beautiful voice with us - in the past - and for many, many, many years to come!

This is going to be a real "Thankful Thanksgiving because of your newest CD. Thank you!!!!! :D

Edited to add: One of the best parts of all your songs you have recorded - years later we can still enjoy them and understand your words. And the best part of all your music? "Your Voice" - 24K Gold!!!

kitchencanary

Dear Josh,

I'm loving the new music, but am so, so sad I couldn't make it to the "Before We Begin" concerts :( I WILL be there when you come to Portland, OR, though. I hope you can still sign afterwards, b/c I've never met you in person, but have been a fan from the beginning and have been to both the Closer tour and the Awake tour - best money I ever spent. Thanks for the funny tweets, they really put a smile on my face - you're hilarious! Take good care of yourself, 'cuz in case you haven't noticed, you're very important to all of us! - Love you so much *hugs*

I had to post again because I want you to know that even though you may receive criticism for being honest about your personal life and how much you want to share, I support you and I hope you know we understand how you're navigating your way through this whole game. I just want you to be happy and make music and that's all that matters, you know? Love U! :D

For what seemed like an eternity, I felt like a forgotten soul, lost in the shuffle of this crazy world. Lonely and left out were my most frequent companions. I never meant to be that way. It started as a result of circumstances, but soon isolation became my habit. I wondered what was wrong with me - why was I so different from everyone else? Looking back on that now, it seems so selfish of me. There are many other worse struggles I could have had to face. While feeling left out and alone is never easy, I realize now that I brought most of it on myself, and that is a waste of my time. I have much to be thankful for, and a wonderful life to live. But I really think that emotional struggle was my disease. It is something I had to fight through, something that changed me forever, and something that is never truly gone. That being said, I don’t know where I would be without your music. I don’t know how you do it, but it’s as if you know exactly where I am in my life, and the next steps I need to make in my journey. Through your songs, you have taken me by the hand and shown me the way to the person I want to become and the life I want to live. You always understood when it felt like no one else did. There are not enough words to express my gratitude to you. You don’t know it, but you are my biggest supporter, and I am forever grateful for the inspiration and hope you have given me.

I cannot wait for your new album, and the lessons I know it will bring me. It’s already beginning - I think it is time for me to pull my own flag out of no man’s land and show my heart. Thank you for sharing your passion and spirit - it means everything.

thanx sarah.

josh, i hope you'll read this...

hi i'm miriam from israel, i was just hoping you'll come to israel the coming tour so that i don't have to fly around the world to be at your concert. linkin park is preforming here next monday and elton josh has been here and so many others, so why shouldn't you.

well i guess i'll see you around.

I know you like a laugh now and then, so I thought I would share this video!

Now I just think that is downright hilarious, don't you?

Hi Josh! i´m here waiting for your vlog and so happy that is already 15th in Argentina! (for an hour or so) and i want to give you special message from some of your argentinian fans on this special day for you. we love you and support you 100%! Hope you enjoy! Please come to Argentina soon!

Hi Josh,

Just want to say, Illuminations is so enlighten :D (could not find the right spelling in the dictonoray <_< )

Thanks and wish you a great time in London!

Wish I could join you there but do know that there will be a group Dutch people there and two of them have been also in New Heaven!

Hugs, Paulien

Just wanted to say, I hope you had a fun time in Oz, I know you have been working extra hard since the Album release getting everything ready for the tour. Hope you get some downtime during the Hols to recharge. I have been a fan since you came to Melbourne on your last tour. I had never heard you sing before and went to Hamer Hall with my Daughter who was the fan. You blew me away totally. Which is no mean feat for this 55 year old. Don't think you would remember this but you came up into the balcony and stood next to me with your hand on my shoulder , I thought you were the security guy who had sprung me filming!!! Thats WHY i didn't look up till you started to sing. I looked up and saw THOSE eyes and froze. I didn't know you came into the audience. Anyway next time!!! If i ever get the chance again, i won't be rooted to the spot as i feel i know you a lot better. So Bring on the next Concert in Melbourne and I will be there again. Happy Holidays

Hi Josh,

I was pleasantly surprised to find this thread again. It's always fun to read what everyone thinks.

This afternoon at Costco, while I was staring mindlessly at the chicken's going around on the Rotisserie, waiting for them to finish roasting - for the second time, since apparently the entire City of Chicago and surrounding suburbs decided to have chicken tonight, I started to feel a little uneasy at the sight and decided I'd better concentrate on something else. We all know how our thoughts work - jumping from one idea to another until finally mine came to rest on you. What a phenomenal year you've had - more like a couple of months, I know, but all of the labor, love and heart that you put into your new album counts - so make it more like 3 years of phenomenal living. We have been so overwhelmed with interviews and photo's this time that it's very, very hard to keep up with it all and so I'm eternally grateful to my Grobanite sister's who keep us informed. How much I would miss without them.

No need to tell you that Illuminations is a work of art. There's a scripture in the Bible that says "To the making of books there is no end." Maybe it's a stretch, but the same can be said of musical artists - particularly those that sing. A gazillion of them, but not every one will produce that lovely echo in our minds and our hearts. What a gift when it happens. Your voice was a true miracle at the right time for those of us who needed it - how amazed, pleased, overwhelmed we are that after all this time you are still giving us whispers of that miracle. And you're a pretty nice guy, too. Enough gushing.

Another thanks for the little shove in the direction of Temple Grandin. I'd started watching it with my six year-old granddaughter about a month ago, but in true fashion at 3 in the morning, we both fell asleep. So I put it on a couple of days ago and imagine my surprise when Madison - who is a Disney channel freak, you know Hannah, Waverly Place, Zack and Cody - said, "Oh, I like this movie." We had a great time watching it and I was once again amazed that with just a little explanation she understood Temple. My favorite line from the movie, "She's different - but not less." Good to remember. My point is that if you hadn't mentioned it - in a tweet, was it? I probably would have totally forgotten about it. The internet is pretty great if it's used right. Heaven help us all if those Satellites fall out of the sky. I rarely even see a pay phone anymore.

We don't celebrate the holidays here, but my hope for you for the coming year is the same as it would be at any other time. Keep loving your life - stay as level-headed as you are, and as beautiful a soul as you are. You've given us glimpses of yourself this time that are profound. The truth is that some of the songs on Illuminations most certainly pull at our heartstrings and make it hard to listen to them. But I'm sure I'll get over it. Very soon. :)

There is one other thing. Something I hope didn't cause you a great deal of distress. Your album cover - the back specifically. The funny thing - but not funny, funny, is that I have a Grobie friend from Florida - both of us have the Special Edition and the regular albums, but neither of us noticed a thing. Until she got an email from her mother who got it from.........Then a couple of days later I got another email, same picture, from another friend. We won't even go into the Awake album. And honestly, I wonder if you know what I'm talking about - if not, that's cool 'cause then you'd know how I feel about most of your tweets. :lol:

So you may or may not have taken some flack for it - I told my husband that someone mentioned it may be airbrushed out of future albums. His response was, "Do you know how valuable that would make what you have?" So a bit silly. But only from the point of view of the album cover. In reality I hope you do think from time-to-time about conditions all over the world - the sheer magnitude of issues today, new one's being added all the time, maybe ask yourself why. And while we can all do our part to help in some areas, who will be able to take care of them all? And try it with images of John Lennon and Imagine.

Stay safe - stay happy.

Judy

There is one other thing. Something I hope didn't cause you a great deal of distress. Your album cover - the back specifically. The funny thing - but not funny, funny, is that I have a Grobie friend from Florida - both of us have the Special Edition and the regular albums, but neither of us noticed a thing. Until she got an email from her mother who got it from.........Then a couple of days later I got another email, same picture, from another friend. We won't even go into the Awake album. And honestly, I wonder if you know what I'm talking about - if not, that's cool 'cause then you'd know how I feel about most of your tweets. :lol:

Not sure what Judy's talking about, but her post poked my curiosity and I looked again at the back cover of your CD....made me laugh a bit when I noticed you were walking "along the Watchtower"....one of my favorite Dylan songs. Whether intentional or accidental, an excellent photo paying homage to a great songwriter. (Gotta admit I like the Michael Hedges version better though :) )

Thanks for sharing your gift

Elizabeth