Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Violet

Chris Groban

16 posts in this topic

I hope this is an okay thread. I know we aren't supposed to post personal family stuff, but I don't think Josh would object to us touting Chris' professional attributes, especially after what he tweeted about his brother today.

Stumbled onto a vimeo site with Chris Groban's work on it as Frank the Plumber. Really cool things. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

Chris Video Work

Enjoy!

Violet

Josh said he wants to score for a movie someday, maybe his bro will let him score for him? Maybe he already did.

How cool! Interesting videos, thanks for posting them, Violet.

Now, I found this one, it's a video of AM TAXI Quote: "Song is 'The Mistake.' This video won against four others in the voting for the FRESHMAN on MTV. Directed by Murphy Karges. Edited by Chris Groban."

The video is great and also the music!

I would love to see Groban bros working on something big, very, very soon!

If Josh keeps up, he can have anyone he wants doing videos...geee, hmmm, who do u suppose he would ask?? LOL!!! 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count! :P It WOULD boost little bro's career!

I watched that vid and it is dark, yet interesting. I don't know if I've ever seen any of C.G.'s other work.

Wow... Chris is... I am speechless...

Not everyday that you see two talented men like the Groban brothers... one is an amazing singer, and the other is an awesome filmmaker...

Now, I can only pray that my future children are that successful, Jack and Lindy must be VERY proud!!!!

Cat, I agree. Each talented in their own right. I can't wait to see their collaboration - when it comes, it's gonna be DYN-O-MITE!

V

I'm sorry Siena, for some reason all of Chris's videos have been marked private on Vimeo.

This is the only video that Chris directed that you can still see.

Sorry.

V.

I think I seen it already, u posted that one on the first post, if it's the one I think. Wow, he does like the dark music huh? Oh well, maybe he got tired of being bombarded by Josh fans, in a way, I can really see that, he would probably like recognized for his own work and talent.

True, but in reality, everyone is already a fan of someone else when they discover you and become your devoted fan.

One should never shut the door on opportunity because they don't want it to appear they are riding on someone else's coat tails. The road to success is always attached to someone else, even Josh's career. His music teacher/voice coach who sent the tape to David; David signing him and having him to stand in every opportunity so he could be seen and heard. If Josh had said, "No I'm not standing in for that guy" or "I'm not singing at that charity function", he would have missed a great opportunity to let his light shine.

And so with Chris, if he isn't willing to put himself (his work actually) out there, and "earn" those fans whether they be original fans of someone else or not, he's really limiting his profitability in the future, by limiting his exposure now. If I were his adviser, I'd say use every avenue to make yourself known. Those looking for your expertise could actually find you by following raves of fans.

In this day and age when competition is so strong in every field, one must learn to take advantage of every venue to let your light shine.

Just sayin. . .