JuliaC

The Bad Grobanite Thread

27,094 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Wanted to get back on the boards, but feel too much of a newbie up-start to restart the grand tradition that is the "I'm a Bad Grobanite because..." thread. However, as Josh has said that the old threads will be transferred in all their former glory to this site, I thought perhaps we could put up a temporary shack that could be abandoned when the real thread returns.

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the thread, this is where you can come to confess your Josh Groban related sins (or any other sins if you like - we're always game for a laugh!). You can voice an opinion and will not be villified or judged for holding an unpopular view! (You may be argued with, of course, but only in the spirit of friendly debate). I feel we are the "Loose Women" of the Grobanite community - not easily shocked but extremely mouthy!

So, where is everyone? Have you ventured on here yet? I've spotted Elaine, but no-one else. In the spirit of a new thread I will confess my JG sins:-

I don't own Josh Groban (the CD, that is)

I don't know all the songs

I don't know all the words

I could not wear or carry anything with Josh's name or picture on - I am far too shy for that

I only have one picture of Josh, which is hidden on the inside of my wardrobe (but at least it's up, and that took me months!)

I don't really want to meet Josh because I know I would only embarass myself

On the positive side, I can't think of any of his songs that I don't like, even if some of them took longer to grow on me, and his voice is the most beautiful sound I know.

Hope somebody's out there - come and talk to me!

I am new to this thread but not the boards.

I don't find josh all that handsome. I find him to be cute. *ducks*

I am not a fan of changing colours.

I don't know all the words.

Today is a good day to confess that:

- I don't own the Japanese import of "Josh Groban" with bonus track "Mia Per Sempre"

- Sometimes whole days go by and I haven't visited www.joshgroban.com (shame on me)

- I don't really like the song called "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"

- I am not a 100% sure of all the lyrics in Spanish, Italian and French

- I sometimes fail to spread the Josh, simply because I want him for myself..

But I think those are my biggest flaws.. ;) I actually think of myself as a truly devoted Grobanite (who coincidentally happen to think Josh is the most perfect, attractive man alive) who love and respect the man and music.

Julia! So glad you started this. I have considered the Bad Grobanite thread on yuku my message board home, so I was a little alarmed when I came back from vacation and couldn't read the thread much less post. Don't know why it is so screwed up.

How are you feeling since your operation?

Let's see. I'm a bad Grobanite because --although I still think Josh has the most glorious male voice I have ever heard, and I connect with it in ways I have never done with any other musical artist -- I am beginning to find some of his old music boring. That'll happen with constant repetition, I guess. I am SO ready for the new album.

Also, I'm bad because I don't bother to learn the words to his songs, and I don't mean just the non-English ones (although some of the lyrics do stick in the ol' memory). In the beginning I just had to find the English translations to the Italian lyrics and found didn't like them -- too overwrought. I prefer how the Italian and Spanish lyrics sound without regard to meanings. Josh could be singing grocery lists for all I care, but I suppose that would be kinda silly, considering how emotional he gets when he sings.

I'm a bad Grobanite because.....

1. I don't listen to Josh for days at a time sometimes

2. I don't come to the websites everyday either :unsure:

3. I've never been to a Josh concert (but would love to one day!)

I'll probably think of some more later LOL :P

~Lisa~

Julia... just change the title to The Bad Grobanites Thread and we will be on our way... almost back to normal...

dosent matter who starts it for us as long as its here...

we are all newbies now anyway!

oh! is it time to rethink about why I am a bad Grobie....?

I don't have any pictures up..

I don't listen to him all the time.. in fact weeks can go by

I don't think he's an angel or a God or anything else supernatural

I don't like some of his songs and I have no idea what the forgein language songs are about

But....... I love the guy.. I love his voice.. I love his face..

He is just simply lovely.

now lets get all our bad grobies back where they belong...

xxxxxxxxxx

Hmm good thread! I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't uber-obsesed (granted I do get a bit carried away come tour-time but hey).

I am a bad grobanite because:

I don't listen to his music constantly (I don't even own his first CD though I LOVE Awake).

I tend to disappear from the fan club during the downtime between albums and concert tours.

While I think he's good looking, I don't want to marry him (but I would love to sing with him someday).

All that being said, Josh is hands-down my favorite male singer and I harbor a not-so-secret hope that his style of music will one day open up to other singers like me who live in the same not-opera, not-pop world as him.

~Bella~

I didn't know there were bad Grobies! My Josh sins...where do I start!

1. Josh in my classroom..My students either scream and say "not again" or they melt with me every time we hear him.FairyJosh.jpgDSC03672.jpgThis is what they do to him!

2. I get in way too much trouble with my Grobie friends..we're just bad to the bone!

3. I had to confess that Josh was in my hotel room in Manchester, NH.CJinmyroom-1.jpgProof!

4. Almost got tazered in Manchester hotel with my Grobie friends...It wasn't our fault! So were were a little loud in the hall and woke up Josh's bus driver!

5. I didn't take "Noel" out of the car CD player until Februaruy and have already been listening this year!

Great replies, I'm glad everyone's still out there! (it was a bit lonely yesterday). Bella, I think you said it all - not uber-obsessed, but more than capable of getting completely carried away! I'd forgotten about Changing Colours, Liez, I agree with that one.

I agree about the English translations too, Carol. The lyrics sound much better in incomprehensible but beautiful foreign languages. The op went really well, thanks. In fact, I felt so well last week that I kind of overdid it, but I've tried to be good these last few days and I think now I really am back to normal. Have you had your appointment yet? And hope you really enjoyed the holiday. Did you swim in the ocean? And yes, we really need a new album!!

Hi, Maggs! Really good to see you here! How do I change the title? This is a first for me, actually starting a thread. Every day, something new! I like the new look of these boards, but I miss the old threads. It's a whole weird psychological thing, isn't it? I can completely understand people being upset about losing their post counts and start dates, but when I think about it logically I can't see why it would matter. All very interesting.

Didn't see your post before, Jamarceau. Picture of Josh at the window made me laugh, I thought that was real. Does Josh get dressed up in your classroom to fit with the theme of the week?

Didn't see your post before, Jamarceau. Picture of Josh at the window made me laugh, I thought that was real. Does Josh get dressed up in your classroom to fit with the theme of the week?

No the kids sneak into the room and do it. Poor CJ doesn't know what's going to happen to him from day to day! Oh and who says it's not really Josh?? I'll never tell!

Let's see..... Oh, I know. I'm a bad Grobanite because I never donate to any of his charities.

Not a big principled deal, or anything. I just have a set of my own that I've supported for a long time and they all seem to have a greater pull on me.

But I'm glad so many others have been able to back Josh's causes with cash and hard work.

Julia..I think if you go to your first post and edit it will let you change the title.

I couldnt care less about my post count! its only a number. Everyone is starting afresh and at the same time.. a clean sweep. Sometimes its good to have a clear out. The other threads will come back gradually.

Welcome to all those who didn't know we were here..we've been here all along. I guess that some sort of stuck to thier old familiar places and are now having a good look around the new site and finding things they never saw before. I have. I like the music forum for discussing other music than Josh, and the books one. Good idea to have them separate and the games....

All in all I am impressed with it here. :wub:

The smilies are at the top julia...just click on the smiley face and the others come up :wub:

Off to have another look around, see whats transpired overnight.

Maggs

xxxxxxxx

I am loving this thread. Can I join.

I am a bad Grobanite because

1. I do not consider myself a proper Grobanite (I bow my head in shame), just a fan that admires true talent and hotness.

2. I only own the 3 main albums he has released and 1 DVD - Awake

3. I am only joining FOJG now, because of how much he does for others. So it is my way of contributing.

4. I will not wear T-shirts, have mugs, posters etc of him all over my house. But totally respect others that do.

5. I have never been to a concert and as much as I want to go to the next one, if i am not fortunate enough to go, such is life.

I, to do not like that Jesu song. Yuck. Love the Italian, Spanish songs. The way he sounds when he sings them, shivers up the spine.

Overall, I just love the man, because he has class, style, sings divinely and is absolutly gorgeous to everyone he meets. I said it once and I will say it again.......a true class act!!!!

Thanks for starting this thread Julia! I know I've been MIA from the other board, but I miss you guys! :)

Hopefully others will join and come over.

Hi Maggs and Carol!

Hello to those of you I don't know. :)

Sorry it took me a while to get here, but i had a lot of packing to do for our new digs.

Thanks for starting this thread, Julia. boy for somebody who 'dreams of being a techno-tramp', you have done very well.

I am a bad grobanite because i have not played a josh cd for months and months. (i don't think nelly's furtardo's 'mi plan' and joshua bell's 'friends' cd counts).

Hey y'all! Just blew in on the tailwinds of hurricane Ida; she's already dumped a good 3 inches of rain here yesterday, and is continuing today.

I am a bad Grobanite because I don't like some of Josh's songs that he is most proud of: Alejate really took a long time to grow on me, and I still don't like Caruso or Machine.

Hey Jan, glad to hear you're safe. :)

I too am a Bad Grobanite because I rarely donate to any of Josh's charities...I do donate to animal related charities and those charities that directly effect my own community.

I'm still a Bad Grobanite because no matter how many times I hear "Let Me Fall", it's just never going to be a song that I really enjoy listening to...I also don't enjoy "Thankful"...I love the meaning of the song, do not like the melody.

I'm a bad Grobanite because:

1) I don't own Awake Live or Live at the Greek.

2) I sometimes go weeks without listening to Josh.

3) I just joined the boards last week.

4) I don't know the translations of the songs in Italian, Spanish, and French are, and I generally don't count the foreign-language songs among my favorites.

5) I am not a member of FOJG and I don't donate to his charities. I prefer to volunteer in my community and support charities I have been a part of for years.

6) I don't call myself a Grobanite and I hide the fact that I am one from pretty much everyone I know.

I do, however, love Josh's voice and I think he is a beautiful person, inside and out. :)

Erin, there are many of us here that don't like the term "Grobanite"....over the years and at times, the term "Grobanite" has illicited a somewhat negative connotation.

I confess- I am a bad Grobanite for the following:

1) I can go weeks without listening to any of his music

2) I have developed new and in some ways more exciting interests in the time since his last tour.

3) I still love the guy and adore his voice but don't go ga-ga like some.

4) I have put away a lot of my Josh stuff. (into storage)

5) I haven't decided whether I will renew my FoJG account.

I'm sure there are more reasons....

Alexandra, I love your kitty avatar...it's super cute. :D

Thanks! Jazzz Hanzzz is another of my monikers and I LOVE me some kitties. I have one and my daughter brought me her two when she conveniently forgot she was moving back to school and the dorms don't allow animals! Seems I am destined to be the old cat lady you hear about!

Hi Alex and all the others who are new here.... good to see you all..

late here.. well...late-ish...

I havent worked out how to get my profile pics up... that always takes me ages...

see you all tomorrow...

Para........hope your here or getting here.. and thinking of you.... !

Maggs

xxxxxxxxx