Photo

Josh Spoofed on Saturday Night Live

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#21 thegrooviegrobanite

thegrooviegrobanite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:04 AM

Geeze! This is so amusing! I bet Josh will have a good time watching this! :lol:

safeplace_mini_zps7e1bbf70.jpg
****Matt's and Josh's Little Missy****
Vamp #10 :)
glitteryourway-02605c8a_zpsbe57b9db.gif?

#22 LostinSpace

LostinSpace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:01 AM

I thought this was absolutely hilarious and I'm pretty sure Josh is getting a kick out of it as well. I only wish Andy Samberg had thought to wear a curly wig! :lol:

#23 ChelleDawg

ChelleDawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

LMAO ... I don't get why "Josh" is wrapped in a wool blanket... I'm missing something there. I loved J-Lo doing Rhianna ... ella, ella, ella.
"Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised, or a little mistaken." - Jane Austen

#24 epalist

epalist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

Several years ago "fans" were always picking on Josh for always wearing long sleeves and a jacket, and so the blanket may have been an intended reference to the mistaken notion that Josh is "always cold."

He's not "always cold." He just dresses to make HIMSELF comfortable. He repeatedly explained, also, that the studios he works/performs in "are freezing." But he doesn't owe anybody an explanation. We all dress to make ourselves comfortable, and if the tables are turned, people would quickly learn that about themselves and hush up fast!

It seemed mostly that the bandwagon-minded fans were trying to remake Josh into what they needed him to be to fit into their stereotypes, because it primarily rushed in with the younger fans (who doubled the membership on the boards shortly after Closer's release). They did everything they could to redesign Josh into the rap/rock star they thought he had to be to be popular...to them! Eventually they learned he is his own man and will do what he pleases.

Josh naturally feels the most comfortable wearing layers and jackets, and if that's what makes HIM comfortable, he doesn't owe anybody else an explanation...unless they are ready to relentlessly reconsider their own choices to placate him! <_<

Developing a sense of universal responsibility helps us to become sensitive to all others, not just those closest to us.
Dalai Lama - Twitter

Please don't play SOOOO LOUDLY
that the people who
*NEED* Josh
can't be heard!
:/

#25 grace

grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Or maybe they (SNL) came to the boards, as guests, to glean info from fan postings in order to characterize Josh in a way that his fans would recognize. And there are always a lot of fans who post about that gray sweater he wears, calling it his 'grandpa' sweater. Too bad they didn't pick up on the 'swoon' factor he holds for most! :D

#26 EmyItaly

EmyItaly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:45 AM

Or maybe they (SNL) came to the boards, as guests, to glean info from fan postings in order to characterize Josh in a way that his fans would recognize. And there are always a lot of fans who post about that gray sweater he wears, calling it his 'grandpa' sweater. Too bad they didn't pick up on the 'swoon' factor he holds for most! :D

"swoon factor" perfect definition! lol

Posted Image

Sorry for my horrible English. Please be patient, I do my best.

#27 Poekie

Poekie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

The David Grosby-guy really made me laugh XD

To the people who think they 'teased Josh': come one; it's SNL, what do you expect when they do a remake of an old world-song?
Posted Image
Signature inspired by Janette's lovely Chess wallpaper!

#28 epalist

epalist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

joshgroban

Also, twas a very funny spoof by Samberg on Sat...he even used my signature army issue flood blanket. 30 minutes ago via Tweetie

:D

Developing a sense of universal responsibility helps us to become sensitive to all others, not just those closest to us.
Dalai Lama - Twitter

that the people who
*NEED* Josh
can't be heard!

#29 ElizabethWebb

ElizabethWebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

I knew Josh would love it. He has a wicked sense of humor. I watched it again just for a good laugh.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Banners and avatar by Jannette

#30 Nansky/spyder

Nansky/spyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

This was Josh's tweet on it..

# Also, twas a very funny spoof by Samberg on Sat...he even used my signature army issue flood blanket. 29 minutes ago via Tweetie

Nancy/Nansky in Fl
Posted Image

#31 KISS_MY_APPLE

KISS_MY_APPLE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Most interesting spoof, there, Mr. Josh Groban. Glad that it tickled your funny bone. B)
And then she chewed, no, not chewed...popped! And she popped it one more time!

Not only do I like New York, but I also like Chicago!

I have a "thing" about Apples and Wind.

Significantly EMPHASIZED for those who are a few cards short of a full deck: K-I-S-S M-Y A-P-P-L-E W-H-E-R-E T-H-E W-I-N-D B-L-O-W-S!

#32 eblovesjosh

eblovesjosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

On line version restricted to USA viewers only. So what else is new?? Good thing I did see it when it aired.

MailAttachment_zps50728555.gif

#33 TrueBlueNoser

TrueBlueNoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

Epalist, no one was critizing him for it or complaining about it. Maybe fans did in the past, but not in this thread. That really wasn't necessary. We were only wondering about the blanket on SNL, not Josh's own choice of attire.

Hopefully Josh will be on there in the flesh someday.:)
~Steph~

“I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown, which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” ~Jim Morrison

#34 epalist

epalist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:00 AM

Read it again. I was explaining what the "Josh is always so cold" thing was years ago that got so paired with him.

I never said it was happening in this thread. People are wondering what the significance of the blanket is. I suggested what had been VERY LOUD and RELENTLESSLY PESTERING of Josh a few years back, hoping explaining that wouldn't start it up yet again, because just mentioning it has restarted the issue at various times. All it takes is just one post from someone wanting to insist "Well, he does overdress! He should wear...blah, blah, blah..." and off it goes yet again! Happens all the time on these boards. I was explaining the "cold" reference, hoping it would NOT stir that up again.

In Josh's entire career, what stands out MOST significantly about needing/having a blanket is that issue of his jackets and long sleeves "fans" tried to get him to change (that, after the turtlenecks). I have never seen anything from Josh about a "signature army issue flood blanket." He's just teasing them back.

Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

Dalai Lama - Twitter

that the people who
*NEED* Josh
can't be heard!

#35 TrueBlueNoser

TrueBlueNoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:20 AM

Thank-you. That's all you had to do was explain the "cold" reference, not write three paragraphs about how people acted in the past. Whatever though, I get what you were trying to say. It's not important.

I wonder why Andy didn't have a curlier wig on. :P
~Steph~

“I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown, which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” ~Jim Morrison

#36 Amers

Amers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

Pardon my silliness, but, where's the link to the vid?

Posted Image

*siggy made by me*

#37 Nansky/spyder

Nansky/spyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

Pardon my silliness, but, where's the link to the vid?

Hope this works for you...

Saturday Night Live
Nancy/Nansky in Fl
Posted Image

#38 JuliaC

JuliaC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

I'm with Josh - always happiest snuggling up in my army issue blanket :P

#39 Rosey

Rosey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

Josh was probably laughing his a$$ off when he saw this. He has always wanted to be on SNL.....maybe this is a sign of things to come. Maybe when he has more time???
Rosey

#40 eblovesjosh

eblovesjosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:16 PM

I truly do think the man has no blood in his veins. He would be wearing long pants, long sleeved shirt and jacket when those around him at the beach are in bikinis. There are people like that who are always cold. I am the opposite. Opposites trying to live in the same house - NOT good!!

MailAttachment_zps50728555.gif