Photo

HOW I DISCOVERED JOSH GROBAN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#1 Violet

Violet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:26 AM

My sis actually was playing his Christmas CD. I was in desperate need of some new christmas music. The rest is history. I was hooked from the first note.

The new site is wonderful. Thanks to Josh and his team for constantly finding ways to impress us and keep us on our toes. You guys really rule!

BMW
Posted Image Don't give up. . .Posted Image I AM there.
[used by permission]
[Rules to live and love by]

__________________________________________________________________________________
Live simply. Hug often. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. . . leave the rest to God.

#2 thegrooviegrobie

thegrooviegrobie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:44 AM

Well I discovered Josh in 2004 because of a music channel where I heard "You Raise me up" And since then I fell in love with his voice and with him! :wub:

safeplace_mini_zps7e1bbf70.jpg

****Matt's and Josh's Little Missy****
Vamp #10 :)
glitteryourway-02605c8a.gif

#3 phoenix

phoenix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

A friend of mine got me hoocked on Josh a few years ago - she just brought over some CD's and once I heard his voice, that was it.

Cool new site, looking forward to more!

C.

Follow Your Dreams!

Love, Music, Acceptance, Equality

Proud Member of the Correllian Tradition, A Student of Witchschool, and the Order of Peace Weavers

Hugs to All Grobanites

#4 Oceano

Oceano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

The day I first discovered Josh changed my life. It was when listening to the end titles of Troy that I heard Remember for the first time. From that moment on I was completely and hopelessly devoted to this man, this voice. The next day I bought "Josh Groban" and "Closer". While I listened through the CD's I sat in complete silence, overwhelmed by the beauty. And Josh has a very special place in my heart still. As he always will. <3
Sacha .. Just joshing around !

You're the only place <3 A happy citizen of Grobania!

I never knew true passion before. Or everlasting love. Or real devotion. Now I found it all.

#5 MaryAwake

MaryAwake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:21 AM

I first discovered Josh when i was doing the dishes!! Was in kitchen and was listening to Royal Variety Performance on BBC1 ( I live in Ireland). Heard this amazing voice and felt shivers run up my back, ran in to see where it was coming from and that was it..hooked!!! The song he was singing...."Anthem" from Chess..the very first song I ever heard Josh sing and now it has a special place in my heart!!
Thank you Josh for all the love and support your music has given me in the past few months!! Without it I dont know where I would be or how I would have coped!!

#6 ashleykay

ashleykay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

I first heard Josh Groban on Ally McBeal in 2001 (when I was 10 years old). I fell madly in love with him!!

I then went to Josh Groban's Closer concert when I was 13 years old, and I went to the Awake Tour Concert 2 years ago when I was 16. <3

#7 alexandralovesjosh

alexandralovesjosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

Olympics--- 2002.. 'nuf said!

Alexandra

Posted Image

Alexandra
joined 4-30-05

#8 greeneyes

greeneyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

The first time I heard of Josh was in 2006. He was on a TV Christmas special and as soon as I heard that beautiful voice I just had to know who it belonged to. My dad passed away November 2005 so "To Where You Are" has a special meaning for me.

#9 Jesacah

Jesacah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

Well I do have to give credit where it is due - my wonderful mummy was listening to him before I finally caught on.

It was funny because I was at Hershey Park Pa, in the amusement park the same day he was in August 2007.

Some friends and I were meandering around, just about to go on a ride, and we saw people all excitedly coming up to this guy, it being an amusement park I didn't think anything of it. I asked an older, very excited woman whom it was, and she said 'ITS JOSH GROBAN!' I watched him from afar being so genuinely kind and gracious to the people coming up to him, and taking pictures ect...something about how sincere and genuine he was with them just touched me.

I learned so much about him in those initial 5 minutes just watching him interact so genuinely with those people - I vowed to look further into him and his music when I got home that night. And the rest is history. I love it all, the person he is, the creative fearlessness he employs with every new album. Its a blast, and I cant wait for the latest chapter to unfold with the new album this spring. 

He never ceased to amaze me a little more every day...   ;)

Posted Image

'...continue to love me,
never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.'

-Beethoven-

#10 chyactnate

chyactnate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

I was siting in a friends car and listening to "You Raise Me Upo and was blown away last october..I am offically hooked on him :)

#11 HeartonFire

HeartonFire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

I first heard of Josh Groban through my mom, who bought his first CD and played it sometimes when she was cooking. I borrowed the CD from her, but didn't really think much of it until I heard "You Raise Me Up" a few years later. I was blown away by the change in Josh's voice, and I ran out to buy the CD as soon as I could.

Josh's music (particularly "You Raise Me Up" and "To Where You Are") helped me through a particularly tough period of my life, but when that rough time was over, I didn't really listen to his music very much for a while. It was too hard for me to handle, I guess.

The next time I heard Josh was actually Noel, and since I absolutely love Christmas music, I was ecstatic that a singer I liked so much was putting out an album.

I didn't get Awake until this past summer, but it's by far my favorite album so far. I go through phases of music that I listen to, and I've recently entered a major Josh phase. I listen to his music basically every day, and that's why I finally joined the boards. I figure I should share my newly rediscovered love of Josh's music with people who will actually understand and appreciate what I'm talking about.

tl;dr I've enjoyed Josh's music for years, and I'm glad to be here with all of you. :)
Posted Image
Banner by Jannette :)

It's getting better all the time. This heart's on fire.

<3 Erin

#12 melilotka

melilotka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

I've been Josh´s fan since May 2004. I was visiting cinema with my friends to watch the movie Troy. I liked that movie but can´t still forget the end of it. I heard a song with the most beautiful voice in the world (you probably understand me:-)) I was so stunned, I wasn´t able to stand up, I was just sitting and listening… The next day I was looking for the name of that great voice and for some pictures. And I discovered Josh :D

Renata

Proud supporter of Birthday Wishes Wall 2009
11/24/2010 - Before We Begin - LONDON
09/14/2011 - Straight to You Tour - VIENNA
10/11/2011 - Straight to You Tour - LONDON

05/30/2013 - All That Echoes Tour - VIENNA (and M&G with Josh)

twitter ,facebook, youtube

logoboard.jpg

#13 InsaneElaine

InsaneElaine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:28 PM

I think I was just out of high school in 2000 or 2001. My mom always watched the public television channel and she taped a piece of Josh singing and that was it for me! Been dying to marry him ever since =p.

#14 Zelda28

Zelda28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

I first discovered Josh when I heard the song "To where you are" on the radio. I realized how great of voice he has and then listened to a few more songs. Then I got his first CD and became a fan.
Posted Image

#15 missjaimee

missjaimee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

It started back in 2003 when my dad was listening to Josh's CD in his truck. I asked him what was he was listening to and he told me Josh Groban. I nodded and I told him I liked his music. He made me a copy of his cd and I was playing it in my cd player. The first song I learned from Closer was Per Te, which I could sing in Italian. Then a year later one of my friends that I went to school with died in a car accident with a few friends of his. Every one of my friend's, including me, was devistated. It was really hard on his girlfriend because she was pregnant with his child at the time. I needed something to turn to, counting I was 16 and I didn't want to do anything stupid. I remembered I had Josh's cd and I went home and played it. Even through the pain and the tears I became a fan. After looking up Josh on Google I couldn't believe my eyes. How could something so beautiful come out of that man!

Thank you Josh for helping me through the rough times. I greatly appreciate it.

Posted Image

Jaimee

Yeah, it's plain to see
That baby you're beautiful
And it's nothing wrong with you
It's me... I'm a freak
But thanks for lovin' me
Cause you're doing it perfectly

#16 tone824

tone824

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:22 PM

Okay, just go to my blog and read the oldest post. Turtle Talk

Posted Image

Grobie Sis to all of the wonderful Mallows, Angels, Princesses, Vamps and Ranchers.
Grobie Aunt to Liez.
Proud to be a member of the Marshmallow Club, Josh's Angel and Princess of Video Games, Vamp #5 and JGV-ID #52
Twitter, Turtle Talk (blog), Facebook

#17 Summer

Summer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

A friend who lives in another state had the Josh Groban CD, and I listened to it one Christmas when I was there. I loved it, but didn't really think anything of it. Then, the Christmas of 2006, I was at her house again, and she had just gotten Awake as a gift. She played "You Are Loved" for me, and I was blown away.

I've been a Grobanite ever since! :)

#18 kkissjgroban

kkissjgroban

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

I first saw & heard Josh on Ally McBeal... attended his 1st ever NYC concert and haven't looked back since. :)

Grobie Hugs to ALL

Posted Image

#19 BryElla

BryElla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

My daughter was playing a cd in the car and I asked her who was singing and she said Josh Groban. The song was "You're Still You" and I liked it alot but didn't mention it again. A few weeks later the same scenario but the song was "To Where You Are" and it really stuck in my mind. I went to the record store and looked in the classical section but no Josh. So I asked the clerk and she led me to the pop section. I bought his first cd "Josh Groban" and listened to it on the way home. I thought it would be difficult for me because some songs weren't in English but then I realized it didn't matter---the voice I heard just touched my heart in a way no one else had. Josh came into my life when I had just about given up on listening to any kind of music. Everything on radio was rubbish to me. I have since purchased all his cds and dvds and that's pretty much all I listen to anymore. In fact, I play Noel all year long! Someone like Josh comes along once in a lifetime. I thank God every day that he came along in mine.

#20 Aussie4Josh

Aussie4Josh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

i found got about josh after he performed at the emmys last year. very funny